Thread: Air France A320 Crashes Into The Sea

Air France A320 Crashes Into The Sea

Just breaking now on CNN that an Air France A320 on a training mission has crashed into the Meditteranean Sea. Reports are that there was a crew of 5 on board.

Re: Air France A320 Crashes Into The Sea

Plane with 7 aboard crashes into Mediterranean, official says
    Posted: 12:32 PM ET
    PARIS, France (CNN) — A plane with seven people aboard crashed into the Mediterranean Sea on Thursday, a French regional government official told CNN.

The Airbus A320 Air New Zealand jet was on a training flight when the crash occurred about 5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET), said the official at the Maritime Prefecture in Toulon, France.

There were no immediate reports of survivors, but rescue efforts involving French navy vessels and a helicopter had been launched. Floating debris had been located, the official said.

The test flight took off from Perpignan in southern France, the official said. A civilian vessel saw the crash take place off the coast near Perpignan.
    http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

A few minutes ago a French official said there was no hope of finding survivors. RIP. :(

XL Germany was leasing the aircraft from NZ but was due to return it this week...it seems this was some sort of inspection flight for NZ to verify the plane was in good condition upon its return. An NZ captain, three NZ engineers, a New Zealand CAA inspector and two XL pilots were on board.

Today is the 29th anniversary of Air NZ's crash into Mount Erebus which killed 257 people.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Wow, didnt hear about this at all. Any more updates?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Air NZ was about to receive this aircraft after maintenance from XL Airways Germany, the aircrew of 7 lost their lives in the crash.