Thread: McDonald's Removes Double Cheeseburger From $1 Menu

McDonald's Removes Double Cheeseburger From $1 Menu

WSJ:
    McDonald's to Raise Burger's Price
    By JANET ADAMY

McDonald's Corp. will raise the suggested price of its double cheeseburger on Monday, moving it off the Dollar Menu.

The restaurant chain will recommend that franchisees sell the popular double cheeseburger for $1.19.

To replace it on the Dollar Menu, McDonald's will add a new McDouble burger. That sandwich is made with two all-beef patties and a single slice of cheese -- one less than in the chain's traditional double cheeseburger.

An analyst estimated that the change will save six cents a burger.
    Six cents a slice?! 16 slices of Kraft singles costs $4-$5 in the supermarket. Where can I buy a box of McDonald's cheese? :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: McDonald's Removes Double Cheeseburger From $1 Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    WSJ:Six cents a slice?! 16 slices of Kraft singles costs $4-$5 in the supermarket. Where can I buy a box of McDonald's cheese? :(
    You can buy cheese at 6 cents a slice, but you have to buy 250,000 slices at a time!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Forget all that Gotham.

get a double cheese at All American on Long Island. Support local businesses, not corporate leeches.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Forget all that Gotham.get a double cheese at All American on Long Island. Support local businesses, not corporate leeches.
    True. Not that I eat McD's very often anyway.

Speaking of which, I finally tried Shake Shack a couple weeks ago. Of all the In-N-Out wannabes, this is definitely the closest...the only major difference is their "Shack Sauce" which isn't as good as whatever INO uses, but overall the burger is still excellent. Fries are very good, way better than INO.

There are two locations...one is a large outdoor stand in Madison Square Park which is famous for its 1 hour+ line just about every day, and a new one which is a Fuddrucker's-style restaurant on Columbus and 77th where the line is a lot shorter.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Of all the In-N-Out wannabes
    Two weeks from Wed I should shoving my face into a double double! There will be pics!

As for McDonalds not a loss, Wendy's still has their double on the dollar menu and it blows McDonalds away.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol