Thread: Is Your Company's Holiday Party Affected by the Economy?

Is Your Company's Holiday Party Affected by the Economy?

Are your company's holiday party plans different this year than previous years? Just curious about how different businesses and industries are dealing with things.

I work for a magazine that is part of a large conglomerate. Our corporate parents have shut down a couple of magazines over the past several weeks and have laid some people off at others, but so far we've been unscathed. We normally have our own party as well as a big corporate party. This year the corporate party has been canceled, and we just learned our office party has been downgraded from the Hudson Hotel penthouse that we normally do to a party in our office where we each have to pay $20.

How about y'alls?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Is Your Company's Holiday Party Affected by the Economy?

We are staying the course.

Taking staff to a restaurant across the way from our office, on an "off" evening.
    Its a win win. Local businesses helping each other.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mine we always had to pay part of it (company pays part) but always decent to great parties, buffet or sit down dinner, open bar, decent DJ usually from KTU, LOTS of hot women, usually at a nice hotel or catering hall, and lots of decent prizes (TV's DVD players, nice hotel stays,) and of course lots of awesome other airline passes, I have won Cathay Pacific and MGM Grand Air among many others over the years. But my best prize was at a US Express Christmas Party (1997) I met my beautiful wife their, a guest of a mutual friend !

Well several years ago after the most recent US Ch 11 they made the extremely cheezie move to save money of actually having the party (this is emabarrasing folks) in early Jan, as before Christmas was just to expensive. Like this last 3 or 4 years.

Well surprise, surprise this year we are actually having it on Dec 13 and a Saturday night at that, at the Marriott LGA Grand Ballroom, go figure, when most are cutting back, we upgrade.

BTW we always have a really nice kids party also, it is held after the Fantasy flight and party we always put on for children who are cancer patients and their families at Schneiders Childrens Hosptial

http://psc.photoshelter.com/trm/La%20Gu ... T000185466

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    LOTS of hot women
    I'm there! :borat:

I've never been to my stations. I'm sure it's pretty close to what your is like up there except for maybe a change in demographic...