Thread: German Air Force at WRI

German Air Force at WRI

Not sure what type a/c or the purpose of the visit, but I was monitoring McGuire Approach on my flight down to Flying W this morning and heard them vectoring a German Air Force callsign for an approach. I don't follow McGuire enough to know if this is something unusual or not but it was the first time I've heard something other than on of McGuire's own tankers/transports while I've been listening to the freq (an admittedly small period of time).

On another McGuire-related note, does anyone know what one or more C-17s was/were doing on Sunday afternoon, maneuvering at low altitude in the Trenton/Hamilton area? I was visiting my parents and saw a C-17 at least four times, probably at between 2000 and 4000 feet just flying around in circles.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Re: German Air Force at WRI

The Transal's that frequent IAD come to WRI once in a whil

Re: German Air Force at WRI

The German Air Force - along with many other Air Forces (British, French etc...) frequent WRI pretty regularly, so it was nothing really out of the ordinary. A lot of times they will fly into WRI, and have buses waiting for them to take them up to NYC for a day or two....