Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Lights JFK 11/7 review

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Friday Night Lights JFK 11/7 review

I headed out today to check out the view from the new T5 parking garage and boy it was great. The view of gates was awesome. Too bad the weather wasn't better as I would of stayed longer. Here are a few pics from the outing:

The new T5:

Ugg..... I wish it hadn't started raining at this moment:
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Re: Friday Night Lights JFK 11/7 review

Nice night shots Luke!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Thanks Mark.

Those are GREAT shots! Haven't been there yet, but this new parking garage is adding a nice, new dimension to photography at JFK. It's nice to have a background for once...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

The A380 and AI 77LR looks kind of like my kind of shots I took back in 9/28.. Lol

Nice shots dude!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Excellent shots. Were you using the tripod there? I suppose nobody bothered you...

Quote Originally Posted by JZ1
    Excellent shots. Were you using the tripod there? I suppose nobody bothered you...
    Thanks all for the nice comments!
    I mostly used the ledge to take most of my shots. I used the tripod for the A380 shot as it was further away. No one bothered me at all but still be aware that it is airport property.

Very nice, Luke! I'll have to check out this spot. I wonder how long someone would last there during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Very nice, Luke! I'll have to check out this spot. I wonder how long someone would last there during the day?
    Its def not a spot for a large group. You prob can last there a good long time during the day as the parking spots are setup in a way you can easily back your car in and shoot from the car. When I went up there, Mark and I saw a few people spotting.

You guys should make it official spotting spot for JFK. Here is your chance to step in and win small battle in a big war.
    How do you think we've got parking garage at IAD? We just moved in and fought for it.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

i'm glad the night spotting worked out, and you brought back some great shots!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

You guys should make it official spotting spot for JFK. Here is your chance to step in and win small battle in a big war.
    How do you think we've got parking garage at IAD? We just moved in and fought for it.
    Very foolish statement. It would be a bad move to put this spot on any spotting map or publicize it in any way. Tommy gave you all some good advice. I would take it and not risk screwing up a nice spot. Rafal your statement seemed to imply you are entitled to a spot like this. Need we remind you that these spots are not public property?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Very foolish statement. It would be a bad move to put this spot on any spotting map or publicize it in any way. Tommy gave you all some good advice. I would take it and not risk screwing up a nice spot. Rafal your statement seemed to imply you are entitled to a spot like this. Need we remind you that these spots are not public property?
    Amazingly I agree with Nick. This is not a public parking lot, its run by a private firm so caution must be taken when up there. It is truly a fantastic location with amazing views of JFK and I'd hate for some kind barrier be put up that blocks off the view.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Amazingly I agree with Nick. This is not a public parking lot, its run by a private firm so caution must be taken when up there. It is truly a fantastic location with amazing views of JFK and I'd hate from some kind barrier be put up that blocks off the view.

I am also going to agree with Tommy and Nick. I am pretty surprised that some of you guys are setting up tripods up there. It is a great location, so take caution and just watch your surroundings.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I'm going to agree with Nick, Tommy and Eric because I love looking at quote-box in a quote-box in a quote-box, etc. It's kinda trippy. (EDIT: When I went to submit this, I got an error that said "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other." Great admin I am! haha)

But seriously, I wouldn't fight over airport property locations, as said. I would stand my ground a bit in public parks and such, but not on-airport.

Because that spot is not public, I will not add it to any spotting map, either. I just hope all exercise caution.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].