Thread: Coke Cans on US Airways Flight Filled with Different Coke

Coke Cans on US Airways Flight Filled with Different Coke

WNBC:
    "Coke" Can - Not What it's Cracked Up to Be

By Jackie Morlock

Updated 11:18 AM EST, Thu, Nov 6, 2008

Just imagine you crack open a can of Coca-Cola only to discover it's packed with crack cocaine. Oh, it can happen.

Two airtight baggies of crack cocaine were stashed in two separate Coke cans on a U.S. flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Philadelphia on Friday, October 31, 2008.

How much drugs were actually found? 16 ounces or about 450 grams of cocaine, discovered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

“For many of us, it is the first time we’ve witnessed narcotics smuggled in cola cans, but for each one of these unique smuggling methods we detect, it is one less concealment method bad guys can use,” Allan Martocci, CBP’s Director for the Port of Philadelphia said.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Coke Cans on US Airways Flight Filled with Different Coke

thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title. interesting idea though. each time i hear about one of these busts it always leaves me wondering how much was moved BEFORE the smugglers were found out.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title.
    Could be a lucrative revenue generator on those Caribbean and South American routes! :borat:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title.
    Could be a lucrative revenue generator on those Caribbean and South American routes! :borat:
    It already is! LOL How do you think Avianca stays in biz, LOLOL

CBP is very good on inspecting these MBJ flights. They are very careful with PUJ as well. They made a large bust about 6 months back on JM 45.

Avianca and AJM get a lot of attention from CBP here at JFK.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].