Thread: Flight Memory

Flight Memory

Anybody on here use Flightmemory.com? For those who don't know, it's a web tool where you can input information on flights you have flown (dates, origin & dest, airline, aircraft, seating assignments, etc.) and it analyzes the data for you and gives you back some neat statistics and maps of where you've been. It's basically a tracking tool for travellers. I started back over the summer inputting all of my recent flights and now I'm trying to backtrack flight info and tail numbers from the early part of the decade and 1990's using the government's BTS tool. I was amazed at some of the statistics that site has come up with:

I have flown 156,856 miles since 1998.
    I have circumnavigated the earth 6.3 times.
    I have been in the air for 357 hours and 39 minutes, or 14.9 days, or 2.1 weeks.
    My longest flight was from JFK to FCO at 4271 miles.
    I have flown into and out of JFK 82 times.
    JFK-FLL is my most frequently travelled route.
    The airline I have flown the most is Delta.
    The aircraft I fly most often is the 757, with the MD-88 a close second.
    I have visited 46 unique airports in 12 countries.

The site provides some really neat stats based on your travel profile. It's a highly valuable tool for anyone who travels a bunch and it's extremely neat to go through your flight history and remember all of your flights! I would be curious to see other people's travel profiles on here, and would definitely encourage you to create one if you're interested.

Check out my public profile: http://my.flightmemory.com/kc2aqg
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Re: Flight Memory

Yep I use it. I think its a great tool.

Here's my map for 2008.

I use it. :) http://my.flightmemory.com/Novanglus

These are my 2008 stats:

Flights: 100
    Airports: 33
    Total airborne time: 16.4 days (over two weeks in the air!)
    Miles: 191,960

Longest flight: JFK-FRU 13 hours, 55 minutes, 6,331 miles.
    Shortest flight: BWI-NGU 47 minutes, 156 miles.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I use it. Since last year.

Here is 07/08

Total Flights:36
    Airports:18
    Flight Time: 5.8 days
    Miles: 57,502

Longest flight: JFK-HKG 16 hours 8,068 miles
    Shortest flight: FLL-MCO 1 hour 178 miles
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Longest Flight (distance): 5,309 mi, 10:00 h, Buenos Aires - New York (John F. Kennedy), 06-28-2006
    Longest Flight (duration): 10:00 h, 5,309 mi, Buenos Aires - New York (John F. Kennedy), 06-28-2006
    Shortest Flight (distance): 11 mi, 0:31 h, New York (John F. Kennedy) - New York (LaGuardia), 07-07-2008
    Shortest Flight (duration): 0:31 h, 11 mi, New York (John F. Kennedy) - New York (LaGuardia), 07-07-2008
    Fastest Flight: 531 mi/h, 5,309 mi, 10:00 h, Buenos Aires - New York (John F. Kennedy), 06-28-2006
    Slowest Flight: 21 mi/h, 11 mi, 0:31 h, New York (John F. Kennedy) - New York (LaGuardia), 07-07-2008
    Average Flight: 1,018 mi, 2:19 h

For a total of 232,150 miles
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

You guys suck... I just spent all day putting in my info for as far back as I can remember :roll:
    Took a lot of time sorting through my Outlook calendar and Gmail confirmations folder

I was wondering if someone can help me out with some TWA info. Did they fly ERJ135s back in 1999? When we moved to the US in July 1999, we flew from JFK to PIT. I vaguely remember going through the TWA terminal and that the plane was a really small jet, with only single seats on one side and two seats on the other side and they made people move around to get W&B issues resolved.
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by dimamo1983
    You guys suck... I just spent all day putting in my info for as far back as I can remember :roll:
    Took a lot of time sorting through my Outlook calendar and Gmail confirmations folder

I was wondering if someone can help me out with some TWA info. Did they fly ERJ135s back in 1999? When we moved to the US in July 1999, we flew from JFK to PIT. I vaguely remember going through the TWA terminal and that the plane was a really small jet, with only single seats on one side and two seats on the other side and they made people move around to get W&B issues resolved.
    I don't believe TWA flew the RJ's into JFK that late in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

There may have been a Trans states ERJ operation at JFK around that time. I believe I saw a number of them in 2000 even. It was a bit confusing, as I was not flying them, and the liveries seemed to change often, as well as where they were parking, with some going over to Delta (if I remember) and others back to TWA (it seemed)

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

[quote=Tom_Turner]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":bj0398xz

There may have been a Trans states ERJ operation at JFK around that time. I believe I saw a number of them in 2000 even. It was a bit confusing, as I was not flying them, and the liveries seemed to change often, as well as where they were parking, with some going over to Delta (if I remember) and others back to TWA (it seemed)

Tom[/quote:bj0398xz]

Your right Tom! I just checked my July 2000 issue of TWA Ambassador magazine, TWE did serve PIT by TSA.