Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheppard Smith vs. Joe the Plumber

Sheppard Smith vs. Joe the Plumber

I don't think it's fair to put Joe against the wall like that. Joe isn't a politican, nor did he ask for the spotlight. He cna believe whatever he wants to believe and he shouldn't have to explain himself the same way others are obligated to do.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Sheppard Smith vs. Joe the Plumber

I don't think it's fair to put Joe against the wall like that. Joe isn't a politican, nor did he ask for the spotlight. He can believe whatever he wants to believe and he shouldn't have to explain himself the same way others are obligated to do.
    1. OK, Joe KNEW the spotlight was on when he approached Obama with his questioning.

2. I believe it was McCain who created the national sensation, Joe the Plumber, during the debate. Had McCain not done so, Joe would be quiet at home right now.

3. Lastly, if Joe didnt want spotlights, then why did he agree to be interviewed with Sheppard? He put himself in that position.

Sorry, I can't feel sorry for Joe. Perhaps his stay in the spotlight is yielding him a few bucks so he can pay those $2100 in back taxes.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Don't feel sorry for Sam "Joe" Wurzelbacher. Looks like he's milking this all he can and wants to sign a record deal. Seems like he wants to be the next country music superstar.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15072.html

Mario how would "Joe" know that when Obama went up to him this would have blown up the way it did. The fact the media has exposed his personal life to such a great extent is disgraceful.

Tom, once in front of a recording device, you take a risk.

Now, how did it blow up? McCain sparked it. Of course the media would follow up on it.

BUT.....Joe the plumber has every right to close the door and not talk to the media. His inability to shut his mouth is his prerogative. He seems quite the attention *****. I don't feel bad for the guy.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Regardless of whether or not McCain or Obama started it, the idea is that it wasn't Joe's fault. You can't fault a guy, saying his spotlight is his fault, because he wanted to ask a man a question who is running for President and wants his vote.

My point was that,whether he likes the attention or not, he doesn't owe people explanations for what he does or says.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I can see where you and TOm are coming from. Did he ask for hte initial exposure? Probably not. But he had no clue the implications.

Moving forward from that very first day he met with Obama though, he had a choice to move away from the spotlight. He has not and thus there are ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I can see where you and TOm are coming from. Did he ask for hte initial exposure? Probably not. But he had no clue the implications.

Moving forward from that very first day he met with Obama though, he had a choice to move away from the spotlight. He has not and thus there are ramifications.
    When it comes to the media it is impossible to move away from the spotlight. They choose to put him in the spotlight.

And he is now milking it for all he can - last night I saw him on in front of the cameras making comments about US relations with Israel and then getting with some country stars to release a country album. Maybe he didn't want to be thrust into the spotlight - but he sure is taking all the advantages of it now!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

When it comes to the media it is impossible to move away from the spotlight. They choose to put him in the spotlight.
    I disagree 100%. The spotlight may indeed follow you. But you have every chance and right not to perform in that spotlight.

"No comment" and walk away is everyman's choice.

He has also talked about running for congress. :roll:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I disagree 100%. The spotlight may indeed follow you. But you have every chance and right not to perform in that spotlight.

"No comment" and walk away is everyman's choice.
    Not in today's world...if you choose to say nothing they'll just dig it up. The smart thing to do is to confront it and control it.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Now, how did it blow up? McCain sparked it. Of course the media would follow up on it.
    Actually it blew up because Obama was asked a very fair and very straight question and he slipped and exposed his view on the economy. He said "spread the wealth" If he didn't answer in that way we wouldn't even know who Joe the plumber was. Obama wants the have nots to have at the expense of business. It's as plain as day to see it and Joe the plumber exposed it. That is why he is a celebrity. Has he milked it? Of course he has. I agree with you after the fact he is on his own and he is of course going to make every buck he can from this exposure. The media has created it.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I couldn't believe it this morning taking my son to school - new political ad comes on for McCain - Hi - I'm Joe the Plumber - don't trust Obama, vote like me - for John McCain - so - now Joe the Plumber is doing political ads - now who is wanting the spotlight???
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

so - now Joe the Plumber is doing political ads - now who is wanting the spotlight???
    McCain is stroking him for everything he can. No surprise. You have to remember that Obama and his wife have said things that have shot themselves in the foot and the Joe the plumber moment is a perfect example. With days left before the vote look for McCain to pull out all the stops. I tell you this I bet if Joe does get his plumbing business off the ground he will be the most famous plumber out there.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol