Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheppard Smith vs. Joe the Plumber

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Sheppard Smith vs. Joe the Plumber

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69

Actually it blew up because Obama was asked a very fair and very straight question and he slipped and exposed his view on the economy....The media has created it.
    Sorry there, bud but you are dead wrong. Its basic cause and effect. Ooe the plumber was an unknown until the evening of the debate where he was thrust into the spotlight by McCain. While only a few people knew of the conversation between him and Obama the day before the debate, he was not a national household word until the night of the debate when mcCain mentioned him by name.

You can blame him Obama all you want, to this day, but a simple log of events proves you wrong.

And even today, McCain and still using his name in every speech.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    so - now Joe the Plumber is doing political ads - now who is wanting the spotlight???
    McCain is stroking him for everything he can. No surprise. You have to remember that Obama and his wife have said things that have shot themselves in the foot and the Joe the plumber moment is a perfect example. With days left before the vote look for McCain to pull out all the stops. I tell you this I bet if Joe does get his plumbing business off the ground he will be the most famous plumber out there.
    If all McCain has left is "Joe the Plumber" then he might as well go back to Arizona right now...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

You can blame him Obama all you want, to this day, but a simple log of events proves you wrong.
    Actually it is you "bud" that is wrong Mario. Do you seriously think that if Obama answered that question differently that McCain would have even cared who Joe the plumber was? Of course not. Obama slipped, and he slipped badly, and it was caught for all the nation to hear. That is why McCain is running with this guy. If Obama answered that question correctly Joe the plumber would have disappeared into obscurity because McCain would have no use for him.

If all McCain has left is "Joe the Plumber" then he might as well go back to Arizona right now...
    But Tommy it is not Joe the Plumber, he is simply the symbol of what Obama said. McCain is using Joe the plumber as a way to show you that if you vote Obama, 40% gets taken out of your wages instead of 30% to pay for all this crap he is pitching. Believe me it's carrying more weight that you think.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The initial question is now moot since "Joe-the-Plumber" has come to embrace this process. He is fair game.

I do also believe McCain did catch Obama out there. "Redistributing the wealth" is not a phrase that many Americans are at all comfortable with.

On the other hand, why is "wealth" "redistributed" from Wall Street to Upstate New York? The entire Tax System is a way of redistributing wealth from some to others... and its entirely 100% political. The only question is whose ox is going to get gored.

Of course moving too far can kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

My question locally is why on earth are rich people allowed to live in "rent controlled" apartments? Where is the "Free Market"? The only possible justification for subsidized housing would be to house the indigent. Is there any sane reason anyone else should subsidize a rich person living in a "rent controlled" apartment? We know Charlie Rangell thinks this a Great Thing. No surprise there.

But what makes our ex-MTA board members think they should ride public transportation for free the rest of their lives?
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

He is fair game.
    Precisely my point.

Do you seriously think that if Obama answered that question differently that McCain would have even cared who Joe the plumber was?
    Your interpretation of the events is very interesting, to say the least. In your parlance, Joe the plumber( "JTB" henceforth) and his media spotlight was created by Obama's inappropriate answer, which not many knew prior to the debate. Once McCain told the nation of JTB at the debate, he became a household word.

But it was Obama's fault the day prior. Interesting and illogical.

I'll stand by my original statement. "McCain sparked it." Did Obama provide the firewood? Absolutely. But McCain sparked it and has since been working that fire.

Again, Nick, just work it out logically, its not all that difficult. TO get a fire going you need a source of fuel, oxygen and a spark. Your maverick sparked it.

It's OK though, we all know that regardless whats said, you are right! :borat:

Obama put out some prime firewood tonight by kicking off those 3 reporters off his plane.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by "mirrodie
    Obama put out some prime firewood tonight by kicking off those 3 reporters off his plane.
    Actually, this just goes to show, if you dont report what Obama wants the country to hear, not what actually happens, you are dismissed. Fair and balanced reporting, right?

And, honestly, with all this Joe the Plumber talk, if you were just crawling out from under a rock, you'd think he was the VP candidate, not Sarah Palin.

Regardless of who wins Tuesday, they are in for one hell of a time for 4 years. Both will be EXPECTED to turn this country around and make the differences they promise FAST. If after year #2 enough progress is not shown, they can kiss their 2nd term goodbye. From my point of view, I don't care who gets in, they are a one term president.