Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US HeloWHAAAT?

US HeloWHAAAT?

So I'm busting with excitement right now. I am flying to ATL tonight on the 7:15 from JFK and a friend of mine was booking a biz class ticket at work today and made me think to check the prices on the helo to the airport. Well, it was only $105 to get on the helicopter straight to T3 and the heliport is 8 blocks from where I work, so I sprung for it! I've got the video camera with me, man is this going to be a blast!!!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: US HeloWHAAAT?

excellent! enjoy the ride, look foward to the TR
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Problem is your flying Delta down to ATL, LOLOL j/K Rumor has it U.S Helo is close to Chap 11.

What is it with me and airlines close to bankruptcy?!? Let's hope they make it until 5:30 PM :D

Woot! Trip report!

Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! Accepted to jetvideos.net for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.jetvideos.net/video/view.php?id=883

Trip report will follow soon, hopefully this weekend if I have time to write it.

That's pretty effing cool, Andy. Were you the only passenger?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

[quote="kc2aqg"]Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! Accepted to jetvideos.net for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.jetvideos.net/video/view.php?id=883

Very cool and well done. 25 years ago this Nov. my wife and I boarded a NY Helicopter S-58T from East 34 to JFK
    for the start of our honeymoon to Hawaii. I remember taking a cab from our hotel in Manhattan to the heliport and
    the driver saying "forget the helicopter, I'll take you to JFK"!!! My wife and I both laughed. I guess he had no clue
    who he was talking too. :D
    BTW we went off 34 Street and flew the Maspeth tanks route over Brooklyn.
    BTW 2, was the noise in the cabin that loud or was it just the sensitivity of the microphone?
    Thanks again for sharing.

Actually, there were a total of 5 passengers including me in the cabin, 1 sat in front of me, and 3 sat in the row behind me. I think I intimidated anyone from sitting next to me with the camera :lol:

The noise in the cabin was definitely pretty loud, but not unbearable. I would say it was about as loud as it was in the video. Glad to hear that someone else took a helicopter on this route, I'll bet the landscape was different 25 years ago!

Fun video to watch. I especiallly enjoyed the arrival at JFK and the aerial view of the new jetBlue T5 with actual aircraft on the gates. I really liked the sound effects when the engine is spooling down upon arrival at JFK.

Cheers

LGA777

Thanks Ron! That's actually a trademark I try to put into all of my videos is the engine start-ups & shut-downs. I seldom see other videos include this.

Nice video. I just booked a US Helicopter trip on 11/12 JFK-TSS. They have a $45 deal from now till 12/31 if you're flying Delta with B, M, or H fares (alas, mine wasn't, so it was the regular sale price of $99+tax.) Looking forward to it!

As of tomorrow the operations of JRB will be transferred from PANYNJ to FirstFlight
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    As of tomorrow the operations of JRB will be transferred from PANYNJ to FirstFlight
    Which I believe is owned by the Trenk Family who runs the West 30 Street Heliport. They also will be building a state of
    the art heliplex in Newarks North Ward capable of holding 20 helicopters indoors and a ramp that can hold 20 more copters
    along with an 15,000 square feet of office space. Already the Newark Police Aviation Unit, now working out of Morristown, will
    move in once it is built.

>The noise in the cabin was definitely pretty loud, but not unbearable. I would say it was about as loud as it was in the video.<

Thanks. I bet the corporate 76ers have a little more noise-proofing built in.

>Glad to hear that someone else took a helicopter on this route, I'll bet the landscape was different 25 years ago![/quote]<

LoL yeah just a little. It was pretty cool because in the S-58T you sit in the cabin and the pilots sit above you. I remember it
    being an overcast day with a low ceiling and as we cruised over Brooklyn I looked back out the window to see one of NY
    Helicopters Dauphins flying not far behind us. And we landed pretty close to one of the Concordes.
    It was great also as we checked in our luggage at 34 Street and never had to deal with it again until we got to Honolulu. Our
    flight was JFK-SFO-HNL.