Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumman Visitors Coming to FRG 10/25

Grumman Visitors Coming to FRG 10/25

Word on the street (ramp?) says we will see two or three Grumman aircraft at FRG this Saturday, October 25. It is part of a program where the Navy flies in various Grumman built aircraft for current NG employees to get a closer look. Rumor has it that an EA-6B Prowler, an E-2 Hawkeye, and perhaps a third, unidentified aircraft, will arrive Saturday morning, around 9:30 and will be parked at the terminal ramp. No word on how long they will be on the field. Get those cameras ready...
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Re: Grumman Visitors Coming to FRG 10/25

humn... i havent heard anything.. ill go ask around tomorrow when i go back to work.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

C-2 Tracker?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I heards it gonna rain on Saturday.
    But anyway if those birds are by the terminal on Saturday, do you guys think they might let the general public near them for photos?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Latest news - they are arriving around 9am, and will be parked at the Airpower Museum. They will be there for an invitation-only event at the museum Saturday morning. No further info on when they are leaving...

>[quote="nikon50bigma"]I heards it gonna rain on Saturday.<

A ""significant rainmaker" is what I heard, from Sat aft to Sunday morning.
    Figures.

was over at the museum and found out that there will be a e2c, prowler and a f-18 coming in on sunday!!

COOL! Thanks for the heads up...keep us posted. How tall does the step ladder have to be to shoot over the fence?! :D

Pete
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    was over at the museum and found out that there will be a e2c, prowler and a f-18 coming in on sunday!!
    Don't wait until Sunday, or you miss them. As noted above, this is for a private event at the museum Saturday morning/afternoon. An EA-6B, an E-2C and an EA-18G are expected for this event. They are trying to get another aircraft, perhaps a Grumman C-2, but that is still uncertain. The Growler is arriving Saturday morning, and leaving that same afternoon. The other two should arrive Friday afternoon/evening, departure is uncertain, but they may launch Sunday morning.

ch2tdriver, the fence at FRG is 8 feet tall. Given military airfield requirements, expect these aircraft to arrive/depart on runway 14/32.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    talk about throwing salt at a wound... why would you bring an EA-18 to a grumman function? that's just stupid. it's like saying "yes, you folk did great but we replaced you with this:" just my $0.02, seem idiotic to me.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

yea i messed up on the date.. was busy this morning on the ramp.. but it should be a good weekend if it doesnt get rained out!

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    talk about throwing salt at a wound... why would you bring an EA-18 to a grumman function? that's just stupid. it's like saying "yes, you folk did great but we replaced you with this:" just my $0.02, seem idiotic to me.
    From Northrop-Grumman's web site:

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., June 29, 2004 - On July 1, Northrop Grumman Corporation will begin assembling the U.S. Navy's first EA-18G aircraft, the service's next-generation electronic attack aircraft due to begin replacing the venerable EA-6B Prowler aircraft by the end of the decade. The milestone comes just six months after EA-18G prime contractor Boeing began the EA-18G program's system development and demonstration (SDD) phase.

As Boeing's principal subcontractor on the EA-18 program, Integrated Systems will produce and integrate the aircraft's center/aft fuselage and all associated subsystems at its aircraft manufacturing facility in El Segundo. Under a separate contract with Boeing, the sector will also assemble and integrate the ICAP III-based electronic attack subsystem.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomII
    They will be there for an invitation-only event at the museum Saturday morning..
    So does that mean only those invited can get near the planes or can only go to the reception?
    I'd gladly drive out there to see them up close but to go there only for t/o and deptautre shots, i don't think so :(
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

i think there going to be at the museum.. i was told by jim that we might need to move some of NFI's planes for the event.. so with that said.. im pretty sure its on the east side of the airport

As Moose said the F-18G Growler is made by NG and a hell of a catch I may add!
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com