Thread: A Mini UN Week in Late November/Early December?

A Mini UN Week in Late November/Early December?

President Bush has stated that he will host an international summit to discuss the global financial issues. French president Sarkozy hinted at the summit being held in New York before the end of November. The UN Secretary General has also stated that the United Nations would be the ideal place to host such a summit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081018/ap_ ... tdown_bush

Let us keep an eye out for further news as this could end up being a second UN Week with some more interesting visitors.

Re: A Mini UN Week in Late November/Early December?

Well its gonna be Nov 15th but in Washington DC

November 15th, (a Saturday!), indeed. On MSNBC I just saw a report in regards to the meeting. The reporter mentioned the following information:

- representatives of 20 nations (ranging from Heads of States to other diplomats) will be in attendance

- participating nations will consist of a mix of the great industrial and economic powers, along with many developing nations

- confirmed: Great Britain, Germany, Italy, South Korea, China, Brasil

...sounds like nothing we don't typically see here in NYC during U.N. Week. However, any of us willing enough to rise to the challenge to capture these visitors down in the D.C. area may be pleasantly rewarded...you never know, really!

I assume spotting at Andrews Air Force Base (where I feel many of these visitors are likely to head to) might just be a TINYYY bit harder to do than, say, spotting VIPs during U.N. week at Firestone... :?

- jMay
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Its the G8 and their Temprary members..Current temp members not too special.
    Nothing less nothing more.
    SOS

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Its the G8 and their Temprary members...Nothing less nothing more.

Senga

Incorrect. Unless, by the nonsensical phrase "Temprary members," you do infact mean The G20. The G20 consists of:

- Argentina
    - Brasil
    - Canada
    - China
    - France
    - Germany
    - India
    - Indonesia
    - Italy
    - Japan
    - Mexico
    - Russia
    - Saudi Arabia
    - South Africa
    - South Korea
    - Turkey
    - United Kingdom
    - United States
    - European Union

Details appear on the website of our government:

http://www.america.gov/st/econ-english/ ... P.rss=true

Nonsensical?

Its called the G8 Mr.Fancy Pants. The G20 is a "slang" The other members are included ona temp basic. Example japan just became a temp member last week. Indonesia's membership will expire at the begining of 2009 etc etc.
    You are not making much sense.
    Josh I am fully aware of who is coming and who permeant members are and those that are not.

They are refered to as TEMPORARY MEMBERS"......look it up.
    Like I said SOS.....Look at the members and who is coming in.

If I were you if be more interested in the SPECIAL plane that is vising our area next week.
    Senaga

Nonsensical?

Its called the G8 Mr.Fancy Pants. The G20 is a "slang" The other members are included ona temp basic. Example japan just became a temp member last week. Indonesia's membership will expire at the begining of 2009 etc etc.
    You are not making much sense.
    Josh I am fully aware of who is coming and who permeant members are and those that are not.

They are refered to as TEMPORARY MEMBERS"......look it up.
    Like I said SOS.....Look at the members and who is coming in.

If I were you if be more interested in the SPECIAL plane that is vising our area next week.
    Senaga

Senaga, (lol, really?)

Any information here is not directed towards only yourself. Rather, it's meant to be helpful towards the members of this site. For this reason, I feel it is worthy of posting. We are all aware that you're aware of what's going on...this has nothing to do with the subject at hand. You would have received a PM from me had this been directed to you solely.

You mentioned there's a special visitor coming to the NY area next week...won't you be so kind as to share information you know with us? Afterall, I think it's fair to say this would be one of the main purposes of the boards. To enlighten fellow members!

MOVING ONNN... it looks like we can expect these 20 states to attend! Exciting for anyone who's interested, I'd say. :D

- jMay

It is hard to tell what you were trying in infer by how you type it out. Apparently there was a miss comunication. Good man..Yes moving on.

About the possibility of a special plane coming in. I will post the info when I find out if its coming to NY. Its going to DC 100%

(Correction) I should have said there is a possibility of it coming to NY.

Senga

It is hard to tell what you were trying in infer by how you type it out. Apparently there was a miss comunication. Good man..Yes moving on.

About the possibility of a special plane coming in. I will post the info when I find out if its coming to NY. Its going to DC 100%

(Correction) I should have said there is a possibility of it coming to NY.

Senga
    Hey Senga,

if it's coming to DC then I'd be very interested to know what it is! I need a good excuse to go spotting. :D

Greets,
    -Omar S.

Omar,
    I will post soon. I want to "get it it right".
    Senga