Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Traveling on Thanksgiving?

Who is Traveling on Thanksgiving?

I just thought I would take a survey on who is traveling this Thanksgiving by air. Even if you already posted about your trip, post your itinerary and purpose for the trip (family, spotting, etc.) I know a lot of people would love to hear about your upcoming holiday adventure! I'll start.

Flying to Florida to visit my family and my best friend who will have had her baby girl by the time the holiday rolls around.

My Itinerary:
    November 26, 2008
    JetBlue 395
    LV: New York-LaGuardia at 2:55 PM
    AR: Orlando at 5:48 PM

December 1, 2008
    JetBlue 396
    LV: Orlando at 6:55 PM
    AR: New York-LaGuardia at 9:35 PM
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Who is Traveling on Thanksgiving?

you're braver than me. as a nonrev thanksgiving is more than just a no-go it's more like are you &^%#@* stupid?

besides, even if i bought a ticket i wouldn't do it....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Will hopefully be going down to FLL from the 23rd of November till the 1st of December. Hopefully it will all work out :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lezam
    Will hopefully be going down to FLL from the 23rd of November till the 1st of December. Hopefully it will all work out :)
    Make your reservations yet? Media is reporting fewer seats for the holiday season with 11% less flights. And the seats available with be costly.
    My son is flying in from Arizona late the Tues before Thanksgiving and leaving Sunday.

My daughter will be coming home from Georgetown on the bus.

I will be leaving for a trade show on Sunday, the 30th.

WN ISP-MDW at oh dark thirty Nov 30,

return around 10AM Dec 3 MDW-ISP

From the Anti WN guy too--oh business select by the way.
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezam
    Make your reservations yet? Media is reporting fewer seats for the holiday season with 11% less flights. And the seats available with be costly.
    My son is flying in from Arizona late the Tues before Thanksgiving and leaving Sunday.
    I was stupid to wait. Last week I saw prices hovering about $275, this week it went up about $75. You live and you learn...

I'm going to be doing some non-rev travel over Thanksgiving. Either the day before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving day I'll be attempting LAX-IAD on UA and then Thanksgiving night I'll try for Dubai for two days. My return will be attempted on December 1st, DXB-IAD-LAX.

Last week I booked a non-stop CO flight from SAT to EWR leaving on Thanksgiving morning, returning Sunday for like $370RT... Not too bad IMHO for a non-stop this close to the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaPolli
    I'm going to be doing some non-rev travel over Thanksgiving. Either the day before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving day I'll be attempting LAX-IAD on UA and then Thanksgiving night I'll try for Dubai for two days. My return will be attempted on December 1st, DXB-IAD-LAX.
    A friend of mine is also non revving to dubai on thanksgiving on ua, maybe youll see him :D

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    A friend of mine is also non revving to dubai on thanksgiving on ua, maybe youll see him
    Really, what a coincidence! If everything goes according to plan and I take the trip maybe I'll check back with you before the flight and you can let me know if he's still planning to go. I'll say "hi" in the boarding area :)

-Andrew

I am flying up to NYC for Thanksgiving week for spotting at JFK, and Rangers game.
    (of course, if you ask the wife it's to see her family :roll: )
    Got a pretty good deal on tix, but I purchase well in advance and watch the internet sales, etc.

FLIGHT INFORMATION
    Mon, 24NOV08 CO332 I HOUSTON BUSH INTL (IAH) 7:45AM NEW YORK/LGA
    (LGA) 12:10PM 737-800 Snack

Mon, 01DEC08 CO233 N NEW YORK/LGA (LGA) 6:48PM HOUSTON BUSH INTL
    (IAH) 9:54PM 737-800 Snack
    Chris,
    Confederate Air Force Life Member
    Flight Engineer, B-17G Flying Fortress "Texas Raiders"
    http://WWW.AV8PIX.COM, an ICAS member

One question, is the day before Thanksgiving truly one of the busiest travel times of the year? Or is there something busier?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    One question, is the day before Thanksgiving truly one of the busiest travel times of the year? Or is there something busier?
    On a National level the Wed before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after are normally the two busiest travel days of the year with ironically Thanksgiving Day and Friday after being the slowest, and the days with the most reduced schedules, especially this year. Most airlines planned their Thanksgiving day and Friday after reductions months in advance when fuel prices where very high, so this years reductions reflect that at many airlines. At US this Thanksgiving day will have the largest schedule reduction I can ever remember, the entire airline will almost be shutdown by late afternoon. All Eastbound Transatlantic Flights are NOT operating. The last Mainline departure from CLT is at 1455, from PHL at 1555, and LGA at 1255. A very smart move as we in years past ran a very reduced schedule with late afternoon and evening flights operating 20-30 pct full with everyone on rock-bottom fares. Fridays schedule is also very reduced but flights operate throughout the entire day and evening.

There are certain niche markets though where the airport is even busier than Wed before and Sunday after do to extra flights because of a major event where airlines add flights and upgauge to larger aircraft. These include Indy for the 500, various races at DAB, the Kentucky Derby in SDF, and wherever the Super Bowl is held that year.

Regards

LGA777

Nov. 25th:

NW 3152, Mesaba Saab 340 Seat 3D
    Depart TOL 5:00 PM
    Arrive DTW 5:52 PM

NW 1814, Compass E-175 Seat 12A
    Depart DTW 9:21 PM
    Arrive YYZ 10:32 PM

Nov 29th:

NW 1503, Northwest DC-9-30 Seat 14A
    Depart YYZ 4:30 PM
    Arrive DTW 5:46 PM
    nwa FOREVER!

Hi !

I will visit some friends in Virginia over Thanksgiving. I will travel from Germany for my first turkey as we do not celebrate Thaanksgiving here in Germany.

Mon Nov, 24th:

DLH 436, DUS to ORD, Airbus 340-300
    Depart DUS 11:40am
    Arrive ORD 01:55pm

UAL 7334, ORD to ORF, CRJ7
    Depart ORD 03:58pm
    Arrive ORF 06.58pm

Tue Dec, 2nd

UAL7145, ORF to ORD, CRJ7

Depart ORF 01:58pm
    Arrive ORD 03:20pm

DLH 437, ORD to DUS, Airbus 340-300

Depart ORD 04:25pm
    Arrive DUS 07:35am+1

I am very excited about my first Thanksgiving in USA and to do some shopping...