Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AA DC-3 Flagship Detroit Visiting JFK/LGA/EWR Again

Re: AA DC-3 Flagship Detroit Visiting JFK/LGA/EWR Again

just a quick few....

Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

just a quick few....

Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

Nice shots Smartass Flyboy,
    I am about 1.5 miles behind you in your third shot. If you have any before that with the Whitestone Bridge in the pik that woudl be closer to me.

Senga

Nice shots Smartass Flyboy,
    I am about 1.5 miles behind you in your third shot. If you have any before that with the Whitestone Bridge in the pik that woudl be closer to me.

Senga

I heard a rumor it has broke down at LGA and will be there for 2 days awaiting parts.

I heard a rumor it has broke down at LGA and will be there for 2 days awaiting parts.

Quick update from LGA. The DC-3 is back in LGA OTS in one of AA's Hangars. It's about an 8 hour plus fix and they have the part. I will be at work at 0700 Thursday morning and will make an update as soon as I speak with my contact at AA LGA. Good chance it will be in EWR tommorow.

The 3 made a short sightseeing flight this afternoon from LGA doing an intersection takeoff on 4 and also landed on 4. LGA was in the depart 4 land 31 (exp vis) config.

For the second year in a row AA 767 Check Airman Les Abend was in the left seat and it was nice to get to visit with him again today, super nice guy. For those who do not reconize the name many of you probably read his columm "Jumpseat" in Flying magazine.

Got some nice video today, the weather was simply awesome, of the DC-3 and lots of other traffic including the arrival of the NOA Obama 757, my first sighting. It is currently parked at LGA where the last several kids day aircraft parking was.

A big AA thankyou to Chuck Eason from AA's LGA tower and our own AA777 for their help and hospitality, Thanks guys.

LGA777

Quick update from LGA. The DC-3 is back in LGA OTS in one of AA's Hangars. It's about an 8 hour plus fix and they have the part. I will be at work at 0700 Thursday morning and will make an update as soon as I speak with my contact at AA LGA. Good chance it will be in EWR tommorow.

The 3 made a short sightseeing flight this afternoon from LGA doing an intersection takeoff on 4 and also landed on 4. LGA was in the depart 4 land 31 (exp vis) config.

For the second year in a row AA 767 Check Airman Les Abend was in the left seat and it was nice to get to visit with him again today, super nice guy. For those who do not reconize the name many of you probably read his columm "Jumpseat" in Flying magazine.

Got some nice video today, the weather was simply awesome, of the DC-3 and lots of other traffic including the arrival of the NOA Obama 757, my first sighting. It is currently parked at LGA where the last several kids day aircraft parking was.

A big AA thankyou to Chuck Eason from AA's LGA tower and our own AA777 for their help and hospitality, Thanks guys.

LGA777

As of 0830AM on Thursday Oct 16th the DC-3 is still out of service at LGA. They have the replacement part they need but still lack two special tools to remove the old and install the new. At least it is at a AA MTC base. EWR by late today is not impossible but unlikely, will update later in the day.

LGA777

As of 0830AM on Thursday Oct 16th the DC-3 is still out of service at LGA. They have the replacement part they need but still lack two special tools to remove the old and install the new. At least it is at a AA MTC base. EWR by late today is not impossible but unlikely, will update later in the day.

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    They have the replacement part they need but still lack two special tools to remove the old and install the new.
    Special tools? I thought you could fix anything with a BFH...thanks for the updates, Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    They have the replacement part they need but still lack two special tools to remove the old and install the new.
    Special tools? I thought you could fix anything with a BFH...thanks for the updates, Ron.

To further LGA777s comments - The DC3 is still waiting for the tools they need to preform the work and will more than likely be OTS until at least tomorrow.

I'll be posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday was a great day...LGA777 and I got some great pics and I hope to be sharing them with you guys soon.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

To further LGA777s comments - The DC3 is still waiting for the tools they need to preform the work and will more than likely be OTS until at least tomorrow.

I'll be posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday was a great day...LGA777 and I got some great pics and I hope to be sharing them with you guys soon.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

1800L update on Thursday 10-16. Just took a drive over to the AA Hangar and the DC-3 is all buttoned up except for the Number 2 engine about 25 pct of which was on the Hangar floor with no one around, we had the whole hangar to ourselves. Sort of strange seeing only the -3 in a hangar big enough to hold 3 MD-80's at once. Anyway unable to reach my contact at AA, will make another update when I next speak with him, probably in the morning. At this point EWR could be cancelled or just delayed, the airplane's next assignement is an AA station visit in BOS on Tuesday Oct 21st.

BTW nice shots Smartass Flyboy, to bad they could not have gotten someone at JFK to clean the cockpit windows, pretty damn dirty.

Regards

LGA777