Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AA DC-3 Flagship Detroit Visiting JFK/LGA/EWR Again

Re: AA DC-3 Flagship Detroit Visiting JFK/LGA/EWR Again

She is leaving JFK for a sightseeing flight aproximately 15.30 and will depart for LGA aproximately 16.15 for LGA with yours truly aboard. :borat: I will upload pictures tonight after I have returned to JFK to retrieve my car, finish the work I will be abandoning to take the flight, and get home.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

Well the DC-3 made quite an arrival on 22 at LGA around 1745. First a Sprit A-319 was overtaking him on final so the 319 was vectored for an approach on Runway 13. As the DC-3 was on short final for 22 over the ILS the A-319 was now on short final for 13 over the 13 ILS. After about 15 seconds of rapid heartbeat (mine) the 319 was given a last min go-around clearance, it was actually a little close. But there's more, now a DL/Shuttle America E-170 was on final for 22 behind the DC-3 and as the DC-3 did not clear 22 in time the E-170 had to go around. So two go-arounds for one DC-3 arrival, I guess the LGA controllers are not used to slow piston traffic.

Cheers

LGA777

Well the DC-3 made quite an arrival on 22 at LGA around 1745. First a Sprit A-319 was overtaking him on final so the 319 was vectored for an approach on Runway 13. As the DC-3 was on short final for 22 over the ILS the A-319 was now on short final for 13 over the 13 ILS. After about 15 seconds of rapid heartbeat (mine) the 319 was given a last min go-around clearance, it was actually a little close. But there's more, now a DL/Shuttle America E-170 was on final for 22 behind the DC-3 and as the DC-3 did not clear 22 in time the E-170 had to go around. So two go-arounds for one DC-3 arrival, I guess the LGA controllers are not used to slow piston traffic.

Cheers

LGA777

Heres a few (CRAPPY) shots for the 22 LGA arrival. Of course as always the sun came out just after it flew past me. I was now i my shooting position so my angle was too high.
    I saw the NKS A319 just above the DC-3 what an amazing site it was. I tried to get the A319 and the DC-3 in the same shot but theyw er too far appart to get int he same shot with the 100-400 Lense. It looked like the A319 was landing on the DC-3. Somehow I found a place test of course so it wouldn't be backlit.

Senga

Heres a few (CRAPPY) shots for the 22 LGA arrival. Of course as always the sun came out just after it flew past me. I was now i my shooting position so my angle was too high.
    I saw the NKS A319 just above the DC-3 what an amazing site it was. I tried to get the A319 and the DC-3 in the same shot but theyw er too far appart to get int he same shot with the 100-400 Lense. It looked like the A319 was landing on the DC-3. Somehow I found a place test of course so it wouldn't be backlit.

Senga

Oh good, so it wasn't our flight we delayed.:mrgreen: We actually thought we hear one of our own get spun. :oops: Man, what a flight, way too short. Senga, where were you set up? I was in the cockpit for the arrival and took several shots of the approach. I'll have to check to see if we have pictures of you taking pictures of us. :D Oh yeah, and Ron you are in trouble. I had a visitor while I was still there and she says you didn't let anyone know we were coming in tonight. :shock: OK, now to finish my work I abandoned for the flight and go home.

Oh good, so it wasn't our flight we delayed.:mrgreen: We actually thought we hear one of our own get spun. :oops: Man, what a flight, way too short. Senga, where were you set up? I was in the cockpit for the arrival and took several shots of the approach. I'll have to check to see if we have pictures of you taking pictures of us. :D Oh yeah, and Ron you are in trouble. I had a visitor while I was still there and she says you didn't let anyone know we were coming in tonight. :shock: OK, now to finish my work I abandoned for the flight and go home.

Smartass Flyboy,
    I was about .5 miles from the whitestone bridge in some industrial park I found. Sure let me know if you have pix of the final approach. I was bascially where you got cleared to land. If you have a shot with the intersection of I-278 and I-678 you might see me in that shot. The Overpass for 678 might have been to high as I was south of it and might be blocked by the road.
    Senga

Smartass Flyboy,
    I was about .5 miles from the whitestone bridge in some industrial park I found. Sure let me know if you have pix of the final approach. I was bascially where you got cleared to land. If you have a shot with the intersection of I-278 and I-678 you might see me in that shot. The Overpass for 678 might have been to high as I was south of it and might be blocked by the road.
    Senga

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    ...I guess the LGA controllers are not used to slow piston traffic.
    no, 60kts on a mile final is definately not the norm around here.... comair taxiis almost as fast sometimes.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    ...I guess the LGA controllers are not used to slow piston traffic.
    no, 60kts on a mile final is definately not the norm around here.... comair taxiis almost as fast sometimes.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Thanks again Ron and all for alerting me about this bird. I'd forgotten that it was coming in and wasnt planning on spotting until the last moment.

Some pics here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13783&p=103142#p103142
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Thanks again Ron and all for alerting me about this bird. I'd forgotten that it was coming in and wasnt planning on spotting until the last moment.

Some pics here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13783&p=103142#p103142
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB

Senga
    Nice shot of the arrival.. I wasnt too far from where you was at.. I blew my chance to catch it come as I was on the bus.. grrrr!! Hopefully I can catch it on departure
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB

Senga
    Nice shot of the arrival.. I wasnt too far from where you was at.. I blew my chance to catch it come as I was on the bus.. grrrr!! Hopefully I can catch it on departure
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15