Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bailout Bill Fails

Re: Bailout Bill Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Disclaimer - I am not really sure if Michael Moore actually wrote this or sent this email out, but in any event enjoy...
    He did, I read it on his blog today. He has a point, but his logic doesn't help anything. The working stiffs he supposedly stands for through his films are the ones who are gonna get screwed, not the rich guys. If not for the OTHER bailout for the car companies, which cannot build cars without credit, much of his beloved Michigan would be a ghost town in a matter of weeks.

I think this is the best summation of the situation I've read, courtesy of a commenter on another blog...
    this whole bailout thing is just telling america, "hey, rich and powerful corrupt people run america, I know you don't like to save them, but too bad! you have to or your children will starve"
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Bailout Bill Fails

And that's just today. It might go down that much again tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that until there's a solid solution.
    So far that is not happening.

Got to tell I never thought I would agree with this blowhard but read this.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/30/dobbs.qa/index.html
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol