Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst beer ever?

Re: Worst beer ever?

Actually, "Primetime" at 55 cents a can, at your local Queens bodega. You'd think it was dredged from the sewer.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

[quote=Phil D.][quote="T-Bird76":24w64brs]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Phil D.":24w64brs
    Blue Moon. Horrible.
    Please...Blue Moon is FAR from horrible. I happen to think Blue Moon is pretty good. You have no taste in beer! :lol: [/quote:24w64brs]

1. Blue Moon is a woman's beer. Not kidding, it's made for women. That's why an orange is put in it.

2. NO ONE has better beer taste than I do. I am THE beer snob.[/quote:24w64brs]

Please explain how an Orange makes it a beer for women?

>Please explain how an Orange makes it a beer for women?[/quote]<

Yeah I dont get that either. Its the Blue Moon Belgium White (Wheat Ale) and the web site recommends a slice of orange to bring
    out the orange flavors already brewed in. Like I said I'm not a big fan of the Belgium fruit beers. But some do have a nice kick if
    you get past the taste.
    Two weeks ago I went to the 3rd Annual BrewFest at the South Street Seaport. For $50 (I was comped by my bro-in-law who was
    involved in setting it up) you get a 4 ounce plastic glass and 5 hours to taste beers from over 50 different brewerys from NY and surrounding states. They also had four live bands and food (extra but cheap). It was incredible and you'd be surprised how many 4 ounce beers you can drink in a specific time limit!! :lol: Lots of amber beers, ales and stouts were the order of the day. And it pretty much rained on and off the whole time we (three buddies) were there but nothing like drinking in the rain. And it didnt deter anyone as it was sold out. Oh yeah, good looking girls DO drink beer!!! :D

One more thing about "fruity beers". I enjoy an ice cold Corona in the summer with a twist of lime but the new Bud Light
    Lime just has too much lime taste to suit me. It overwhelms the taste of the beer.
    Of course if it was the only beer available to drink.......... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    One more thing about "fruity beers". I enjoy an ice cold Corona in the summer with a twist of lime but the new Bud Light
    Lime just has too much lime taste to suit me. It overwhelms the taste of the beer.
    I actually like it...not like plain Bud Light has any taste anyway. :) Definitely made for chicks, but I have no shame.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    i'm not a big fan of corona, and especially when i'm here on the east coast. i prefer pacifico, but it's hard to find here. there is only one store in my neighborhood that i know carries it.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Schmidts, Schlitz, Piels, Old Milwaukee, Schaefer, Ballantine, Pabst.
    Not saying they were bad, LOL, but all brands I drank growing up.
    Especially since they were pretty cheap to buy.

:D :D

Absolute worst: Grand 9.5...I tried it a few years ago after coming across it in my local Key Food, I've seen it in random stores on occasion since then.

The 9.5 in the name refers to the alcohol content...9.5%, which is about twice as strong as most beers. Great idea you might think! Wrong. Very sweet flavor, followed by a bitter rubbing alcohol aftertaste. Being brewed in Lithuania of all places, it very well might be regular beer with rubbing alcohol poured in...who knows?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

> it very well might be regular beer with rubbing alcohol poured in...who knows?[/quote]<

Ever taste/smell 150 proof rum? I believe NASA uses it for shuttle fuel.

Oh, Corona is the best. Its refreshing!

phil i challenge you to a good beer escapade!!!!.. one of the worst beers i have ever had is by far moosehead from Canada.. after that has got to be any cervasa.. i have tried about 10 diffrent beers from mexico and they all taste like piss..

and as for blue moon the only reason its served with an orange is b/c when its bring brewed its mixed with a orange spice and its suppose to have a slight orange flavor.. even thou its mostly just for (attention) it does bring out the flavor more.. its like adding a lime to a corona. but a blue moon is only good in a pilsner glass, b.c it leaves a good head for the beer!

I'm always up for beer. :)

My favorite beers are Bitburger, Yuengling, Pilsner Urquell, Spaten and Stella Artois, in that order.

Blue Moon, by the reputation that I know, has always been enjoyed by women. I simply don't know many men that like it. I just find the taste to be absolutely horrible.

Another atrocious beer is Hoegaarden. Fruity beers are horrible, too.

I like toasted beers sometimes, and I love a good IPA (Dogfish!!!).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Yuengling
    Yuengling is rather tasty. If you ever happen to be in the middle of Pennsylvania, go and take a tour of the brewery. My parents and I took it last summer. Free(!) samples at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    one of the worst beers i have ever had is by far moosehead from Canada...
    Hey, hey, hey, I resemble that remark! Haven't had Moosehead in years, but always liked it.

And I've taken the Yuengling tour a couple of times, and like the beer too!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I like toasted beers sometimes, and I love a good IPA (Dogfish!!!).
    which one have you had.. there is 90 and 120 min.. if you like ipa's or anything really hoppy try the new sam adams hallertau imperial pilsner.. they are on limited production again but extremely good.. or snapper head from butternuts brewery!.. im not a fan of ipa's that much.. to bitter for me but these have never dissapointed me at all!

some of my fav's have to be shipyard pumpkin head, skullsplitter (scotland), sam adams utopias.. expensive but totally worth it, mothers milk from keegan ales.. the list can keep going but there is alot out there!.. def looking forward to the brewtopia halloween weekend!