After a very successful meeting in Beltsville, we headed back to BWI around 3PM, quite a bit ahead of schedule. Our colleague was on UA back to LAX, so we said goodbye on the rental shuttle and went inside to see if we could get on the earlier flight (4:45 vs. 6:25). We made it to the counter and a lovely agent, who told us we were the nicest ISP people she had met (says alot for NY doesn't it?).

She tried to move us up as we were both on Business Select tickets but there was no availability. My employee chose to go on the standby list, but I declined, as I refuse to be the last person on the plane and find a center seat and no overhead space--I have been very adaptive of late (flying WN in the first place is an example of that), but I draw the line at center seats.

We went through security, and to the gate, and plugged in (they have those work stations every couple of gates). The earlier flight was indeed sold out, and my friend did not get on, although they claimed they called his name (they didn't as I was sitting right next to the podium). So we decided to go to the diner in the WN terminal and had a nice dinner.

Unfortunately the flight scheduled to leave at 6:25 was pushed back to 8:00 due to a late aircraft. We later found that the plane had originated in Omaha that day, and took a weather delay there, which rippled right down through the entire day's flying for that particular aircraft. They did, however, make regular and informative announcements, with many apologies, and told us when the inbound from RSW was in range, etc, and that they would try to do a 20 minute turn to get us out.

The plane finally arrived around 7:38PM, and a whopping 26 passengers got off! Almost immediately we began boarding. I had boarding number A1, so right after the wheelchair passengers, I got on, and took my exit seat. Believe it or not, at 7:59 PM, the door was closed, and a FULL flight to ISP was ready for pushback.

Quick taxi out, and we were on our way. Taking off to the east cut about 10 minutes from the flight time, and we headed northeast toward Sea Isle, and on into Islip. Again, a FULL service was managed, along with a snack basket, on what wound up being about a 42 minute flight.

All in all, with three trips under my belt now, I have to say I have yet to meet a rude or unhelpful WN employee, and despite a glitch or two, I have really had no issues with them. I am not sure I would use them for a transcon, but they just may see more of me in the near future.......now who ever thought you'd hear me say that?