Thread: Time to Move to Australia?

Time to Move to Australia?

Wow, we are fuct.

Bailout deal stalls as Republican lawmakers revolt

By JENNIFER LOVEN and JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writers 21 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A Republican revolt stalled urgent efforts to lash together a national economic rescue plan Thursday, a chaotic turnaround on a day that had seemed headed for a success that President Bush, both political parties and their presidential candidates could celebrate at an extraordinary White House meeting.

Weary congressional negotiators worked into the night, joined by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson in an effort to revive or rework the $700 billion proposal that President Bush said must be quickly approved by Congress to stave off potentially "a long and deep recession."
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Time to Move to Australia?

I'm actually considering Singapore. But yeah, we're in a lot of trouble.

I can't believe the GOP is bitching for the sake of ideology. They have zero common sense. Richard Shelby is a total idiot and John Boner's (pun intended) counter plan is absolutely retarded. He can't be serious by suggesting it. Which financial entity in their right mind is going to jump at the chance to buy these toxic assets? I can't believe I actually used to be registered with this party.

Oh, and Washing Mutual just failed. JP Morgan just bought out their assets at a bargain basement price. Largest bank failure in history.

And I heard OZ has their own mortgage troubles and financial crisis brewing now. They're six months behind us. New Zealand just announced they're in a recession. The whole world is coming apart.

Re: Time to Move to Australia?

Glad I'm joining the navy so I don't have to deal with this mess [for a while].