Thread: anyone fly Cayman Airways

anyone fly Cayman Airways

Thinking of booking a trip in Jan and they are the cheapest by far, any stories good, bad, ?????
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Re: anyone fly Cayman Airways

I don't know if they still fly 737-200s, but I've heard from other 737-200 pilots that Cayman's are poorly maintained and unsafe in our hemisphere.

Get yourself on a -500, or whatever else they operate.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I've seen the -300's at Miami - but don't know of anyone who flew on them...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I met someone who flew on one of their flights. He said the trip wasn't bad, but if you take a flight with a stopover in florida instead of going direct jfk the trip will be half the price. Oh, and there isn't much leg room :)

they were the lowest priced by a few 100 less then AA, DAL etc, plus with kids non-stops are much easier
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Its a great little company. Sorta like a small 135 operatoin. Everyone knows everyone, they have alot of families within the company..Brother pilots, Captain/FO-Flight attendant couples....Father Son/Daughter pilots...really nice, and as for maintenance at JFK, they pay over $1000 per arrival for Mach II maintenance to provide with a full turnaround check.Not just a fire bell check, they have guys that are assigned to do a walk around at night when they come in...fire up the engines and record turnoevr times, as well as fuselage fatigue tests...I believe they only use the 300's into JFK but a very nice company!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Informant
    Its a great little company. Sorta like a small 135 operatoin. Everyone knows everyone, they have alot of families within the company..Brother pilots, Captain/FO-Flight attendant couples....Father Son/Daughter pilots...really nice, and as for maintenance at JFK, they pay over $1000 per arrival for Mach II maintenance to provide with a full turnaround check.Not just a fire bell check, they have guys that are assigned to do a walk around at night when they come in...fire up the engines and record turnoevr times, as well as fuselage fatigue tests...I believe they only use the 300's into JFK but a very nice company!
    While the info presented is interesting, ifail to see how its relevant to the original poster's question.

@ the OP, have you tried to look up reviews on skytraxx?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Quote Originally Posted by Informant
    While the info presented is interesting, ifail to see how its relevant to the original poster's question.

@ the OP, have you tried to look up reviews on skytraxx?
    I think it provides an insight on the operation of the airline which inturn would reflect on their level and style of service they provide customers.