Thread: WN 835 ISP-BWI 23 Sept.

WN 835 ISP-BWI 23 Sept.

OK I admit I have been lonely the past couple of weeks--it was nice to see Jim, but I do miss my wife. Thank God she is home Thursday.

In the mean time I had to go to Marlyand (suburban DC actually) for a big meeting tomorrow morning, so I have another chance to sample WN. Booking the trip was effortless, and since it was less than 7 days out, only two fare buckets remained-of course I chose Business Select again. I was able to check in yesterday at the 24 hour mark with no problem, but I was already no. 9 in the A group.

I was prepared to clean up a little in preparation for my wife's return, and do another load of laundry, but last night Lauren called in a panic that she accidentally sat on her PC and broke the LCD screen. I spent three hours on the phone with Dell (never again), and after all that they refused to send a tech to repair the unit on site since they could not troubleshoot it. I paid for the MOST expensive service program offering 24/7 service ON SITE, but after 3 hours I just gave up. She has to send the machine back. DOH.

In any case more time this morning, a full day work in 4 hours, and off to ISP. It took a whopping 20 minutes door to door and I walked into an empty terminal and breezed right through security and off to Gate A2 where I met my associate Chris. We had a few minutes to relax before boarding began, and even with A9, I was able to secure the exit seat without the seat in front (a fave). Again it is amazing how they can board a full airplane in less than 25 minutes, with few if any issues, and still close up 5 minutes ahead of scheduled departure.

I notice that WN taxis on 2 engines all the time, and that they taxi slightly faster than others--in a few minutes we do a rolling start on RY 6 and off we go. The departure is smooth and as soon as able, the FA's are up delivering beverages (STILL free), followed by a snack service. This flight was 48 minutes runway to runway, and they managed a full beverage service with a followup snack basket..

A beautiful day on the Eastern Seaboard, we were able to see the airport pretty far out, and flew a close pattern with a dogleg approach and landing, then right to the gate for an early arrival.

All in all it was another great experience--and I have already checked in for the return, and again have A1!

To be continued....
    It's the fares, stupid

Re: WN 835 ISP-BWI 23 Sept.

Art what time did your flight leave? I left out of ISP on the 23rd as well flight 2138 ISP-BWI-BUF, 7 am flight. I was A25 and got an exit row. Coming home tonight I was A31 and also got an exit row. All my flights were good..quick, efficient, and painless.

WN always taxis not slightly faster but much faster then the others. In fact at LAX they've been fined a number of times for exceeding Taxiway speed limits. I have no complaints about the speed, gets me off the plane faster.

Re: WN 835 ISP-BWI 23 Sept.

Tom,

I was on the 4PM to BWI. Sorry I missed you!

Hope all is well.
    It's the fares, stupid