Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firestone 9/22/08

Re: Firestone 9/22/08

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Tommy, you never walked on the grass at Air India before?

What law broken? I don't recall seeing them climbing on the landing lights or anything. Peopel walk their dogs right up to the landing lights all the time as well.

As I said, it's one of those spots that was bound to develop problems. I'm just happy we did get to shoot there for the time that we did.
    Phil no I've never gone to the area right near the landing lights before because I know its FAA property. There are plenty of signs that even Stevie Wonder could see that say "No Trespassing." How do we know what else they did? It was irresponsible and Nick this time is right with his summation of their actions. Are you justifying that their actions are ok because people walk their dogs their? Lets get real...they shouldn't have gone there, it’s that simple.

I think standing in the grass is just as violating as walking the extra 10 feet to the landing lights themselves. The tresspassing sign I always thought referenced the ladder leading up to the walkway that's ON the light itself. In addition, how far from the lights is considered tresspassing?

I don't blame them. ALL of us were tresspassing as far as I'm concerned, on the grass or not. That's not a store's parking lot, and is much more private property, than other locations we employ....which is why it was never listed on the Spotting Maps.

I jsut don't blame them specifically. I cna name a dozen other people, myself included, who have set foot on the grass there in a way that someone wanting to look for excuses to kick us out can declare as tresspassing.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I think standing in the grass is just as violating as walking the extra 10 feet to the landing lights themselves. The tresspassing sign I always thought referenced the ladder leading up to the walkway that's ON the light itself. In addition, how far from the lights is considered tresspassing?

I don't blame them. ALL of us were tresspassing as far as I'm concerned, on the grass or not. That's not a store's parking lot, and is much more private property, than other locations we employ....which is why it was never listed on the Spotting Maps.

I jsut don't blame them specifically. I cna name a dozen other people, myself included, who have set foot on the grass there in a way that someone wanting to look for excuses to kick us out can declare as tresspassing.
    10 feet Phil...come on that's not even close and your justifying the three of them glorifying their actions in those pics. Those lights are a good 50 feet from the parking lot if not more. There's a difference between walking 10 feet on the grass and 50 feet. Your playing both sides here Phil..one breath you're saying you have to spot responsibly and the next breath they did nothing wrong. Which is it, spot responsibly or its ok to go where you don't belong?

Yes I tell people to act responsibly, but I don't think anyone was irresponsible in this case.

I don't think that walking within a few feet of the landing lights is irresponsible. If that was the case, the lights themselves would have fences around each light like at other airports, or clear signage saying to stay back x-feet.

If I'm wrong, and if tresspassing is in fact the abuse that caused this, then the mere act of showing up in the lot is tresspassing, and we are all guilty of that.

I don't think that the lot was closed because of those three, or because or spotters in general.

I don't think it was a Port decision to close the lot.

My only issue is that specific people are being pointed out, when I don't think that's accurate nor fair. In your first post mentioning them, by the description you gave, I was nearly expecting to see pics of them on top of the light humping it or something, not just standing next to it. If standing next to the landing light is such a severe offense to you, myself and many other members and people that you have a lot of respect for are just as guilty.

I'll point finger when necessary, but I just don't think there's any one or three peolpe to blame.

Yes I tell people to act responsibly, but I don't think anyone was irresponsible in this case.

I don't think that walking within a few feet of the landing lights is irresponsible. If that was the case, the lights themselves would have fences around each light like at other airports, or clear signage saying to stay back x-feet.

If I'm wrong, and if tresspassing is in fact the abuse that caused this, then the mere act of showing up in the lot is tresspassing, and we are all guilty of that.

I don't think that the lot was closed because of those three, or because or spotters in general.

I don't think it was a Port decision to close the lot.

My only issue is that specific people are being pointed out, when I don't think that's accurate nor fair. In your first post mentioning them, by the description you gave, I was nearly expecting to see pics of them on top of the light humping it or something, not just standing next to it. If standing next to the landing light is such a severe offense to you, myself and many other members and people that you have a lot of respect for are just as guilty.

I'll point finger when necessary, but I just don't think there's any one or three peolpe to blame.
    Once again...who said it was their fault? No one said it was their fault. The argument is about spotting responsibly but I'm getting the impression the act of spotting responsibly is purely subjective in your eyes which is not the message your trying to convey. What I'm saying is these pics should have never been posted that glorifies the action.

Uh, responsibility is subjective in ANYONE'S eyes. There is always going to be opinion of what is and isn't ok. I just think that standing next to the landing light isn't that irresponsible, that's all. Drinking, fighting, urinating, indecent exposure, campfires, climbing the landing lights, wearing Yankee hats, throwing rocks and things like that are irresponsible.

Drinking, fighting, urinating, indecent exposure, campfires, climbing the landing lights, wearing Yankee hats, throwing rocks and things like that are irresponsible.
    You didn't need to use personal example now Phil.

Excuse me? I do not wear Yankee hats, pal. :evil:

What exactly happened at Cargo Plaza?; as i have not been there in 2 months?

As to the people who blame us, or think we acted irresponsibly:
    We did not violate any "no trespassing" signs, jump over any fences or clime the ladders. I have seen other people in that area. We ere respectful, and did not draw unneeded attention to ourselves. If asked to leave, we would do so without questioning. The fact is, we weren't bothering anyone, and people in the area were ok with us being there. sooooo whats the problem?

I think we as aircraft spotters, have the right to go where any civilians can, but we need to be respectful, and if we are in a private or commercial place, and are asked to leave, we need to do so.

Tom? What exactly, did the PA ask in their letter?