Thread: Anyone here have a HiDef Hard Drive Camcorder?

Anyone here have a HiDef Hard Drive Camcorder?

Hi All,

Without a doubt, the next camcorder I invest in will be a Hi Def model. Prices are also falling I see.

My question to all those out there who have them now is this: What do you think of the Hard Drive compared to MiniDV tape as far as quality goes? I have heard some mixed reviews, with some even saying stay away from them and stick to tape. Problem is that I believe the MiniDV tape models will soon be going away. Not to mention the fact of all the compression then uncompress that has to go on with those models.

So what do you users think? I also hear that Compact Flash and SDHC is the other option for HiDef camcorders.

Advice greatly appreciated!

Pete
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Re: Anyone here have a HiDef Hard Drive Camcorder?

My wife wanted a camcorder so I looked into it and got a Samsung Digital Camcorder SC-MX20L. It ran about $250. It isn't Hi-Def but it is a SDHC. Researching the cameras I would say a hybrid hard drive/SDHC would be your best bet.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Anyone here have a HiDef Hard Drive Camcorder?

Check out this Website (if you havent seen it already) when you get a chance:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

It has awesome reviews. Im leaning towards a Canon HD with Hard Disk Drive, although it appears that their Mini DV (tape)
    model currently has the best overall picture of all the HD Cams as of now.