Thread: 9/11 Tribute in Lights

9/11 Tribute in Lights

The past two years I went to Brooklyn Bridge Park to shoot the Tribute in Lights, but this year, I had to be in NJ during the day, so I spent the evening in Jersey City, overlooking lower Manhattan. (Thanks Adam for the advice!)
    Here are a few of my shots.

This is the Jersey City 9/11 Memorial, honoring that city's residents who were lost on September 11.

When I was done in Jersey City, I headed to lower Manhattan on the way home.

This is "10 House", home of FDNY Engine 10 and Truck 10, across the street from the WTC site. They were the first FDNY units to respond and lost six firefighters that day.

Candlelight memorial next to the firehouse.

Re: 9/11 Tribute in Lights

Moose

Those photos are beautiful.

In 2001 i'd seen it happening live on BBC News and for a brief moment i thought this was a scene from the next Die Hard or Rambo movie. I could not believe such things could happen in real life.

In Oct 2003 when i visited New York i felt i some how had to go to ground zero and see if what i saw on BBC News was real. When I got there I could not believe that in this very place (which looked like a huge hole in the ground). 2 huge towers once stood and people worked in them, i didnt seem real.

At ground zero out of respect for the people who died I didn't take any photos or video but I paid my respects and prayed to god that the evil which toppeled the twin towers would not happen again.

(By the way guys I'm a Sikh), yesterday on BBC News i saw photos of the new towers they look beautiful.

Nice snaps, Moose. I went out to Jersey City as well. A bit earlier than you, I suppose. We still had cloud cover.

-James

I saw the lights while I was driving last night. First thing that came through my mind were the events of that day. Then I thought, "darn I dont have any camera on me besides the crappy one on my phone".

Thanks for the pictures!

Really great pictures John, they really capture the essence of exactly what we need to always do on 9/11: Remember.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

I got a shot of the tribute lights from Queens before I headed back to the Bronx from LGA

Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

From Brooklyn:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Speaking of the Empire State Building, More shots from Queens before I headed back to the Bronx!!

Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I wish I could have gotten out there but I was participating in a Fire Dept. ceremony.

For all that noticed, 10 Truck has a special paint scheme on it, honoring 9/11
    "lol retart"

I'm not depressed about 9/11, but it seems as though every year I tend to end up watching some 9/11 videos, news coverage or whatever it is that is handy. I feel the need to try hard to re-comprehend what happened, so I can always cherish the memory of the buildings and people who died.

One part of the memorial process is looking forward to the gorgeous photos of the lights that I have seen annually here on the site. Beautiful work, as always, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder
    Moose

Those photos are beautiful.

In 2001 i'd seen it happening live on BBC News and for a brief moment i thought this was a scene from the next Die Hard or Rambo movie. I could not believe such things could happen in real life.

In Oct 2003 when i visited New York i felt i some how had to go to ground zero and see if what i saw on BBC News was real. When I got there I could not believe that in this very place (which looked like a huge hole in the ground). 2 huge towers once stood and people worked in them, i didnt seem real.

At ground zero out of respect for the people who died I didn't take any photos or video but I paid my respects and prayed to god that the evil which toppeled the twin towers would not happen again.

(By the way guys I'm a Sikh), yesterday on BBC News i saw photos of the new towers they look beautiful.
    Your thoughts and prayers are very welcome here in New York. Thank you.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Program Coordinator

Wonderful shots moose