Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual NYCA BBQ: Raffle Results and Thanks!

3rd Annual NYCA BBQ: Raffle Results and Thanks!

3rd Annual NYCAviation BBQ!

Just like last the past couple of years, we will be having a BBQ in the evening after LGA Kids Day.

Our good friend Vinny Pace in Howard Beach will host the BBQ under the 13L approach path. Come by after Kids Day to relax, eat and socialize with all of our friends!

When:

Saturday, OCTOBER 4 at 5:30pm- 11:00pm

BECAUSE OF EXPECTED WEATHER, WE WILL BE POSTPONING THE BBQ UNTIL SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4.

This is SOMEWHAT tentative upon any rescheduling of Kids' Day, as we prefer to have the BBQ after the Kids' Day event.

But for now, ALL of the same plans are in place, but this time for October 4th at 5:30pm.

Where:

157-43 101st Street
    Howard Beach, NY 11414

We will provide burgers, hot dogs, buns and condiments. We ask that YOU folks bring snacks you prefer, beverages, desserts or special meat you prefer (veggie, steaks, etc.). Homemade desserts a plus

Alcohol is allowed, but it is BYOB and we ask that people drink responsibly both while hanging out and on their way home afterwards. NO UNDERAGE DRINKING WILL BE TOLERATED.

Just like the picnic last year, we are trying to set up a raffle. Once details are cemented, I'll pass that along to you all.

I hope you and your families can make it. I myself really look forward to seeing you all again.

Let us know if you plan to come. See you there!

(ask questions, make suggestions and whatever comments you might have)

For anyone who needs a ride from Kids Day, let us know. For public transportation, take the A train to the Howard Beach-JFK Station. When you exit the station, go to your right then make a left on 159 Avenue and proceed two blocks to 101 Street. Make a right on 101 Street and walk up 2 blocks. Its about a 8-10 minute walk. Also MTA Bus Q11 stops at the corner of 157th Avenue and 101 Street. After getting off the bus, walk up 101 Street toward 158th Avenue.

RAFFLE!!!

Just like every year, we will have a raffle. The raffle raises money for the functionality of the site and other site-wide projects.

IMPORTANT: I never want to exclude anyone from an event or from the opportunity to win a prize. Because of this, the MINIMUM ticket cost is $3, but you are welcome to contribute more. Though you can give any amount, no one is allowed to have more than 2 tickets, regardless of how much you contribute.

This year's raffle is going to be a fun one. In addition to some other aviation items that are somewhat typical and fun, we have some special contributions as well. Some of the prizes will include:

From Gemini Jets:
    1:200 American 757-200 with Winglets (gorgeous)
    1:400 American 777-200
    1:400 British Airways 777-200
    1:400 Continental 727-200

In addition, JetPhotos.net has offered a One Year ELITE Membership to their site.

A BIG thanks to Gemini Jets and JetPhotos.net for their contributions!

For people who do not live in NYC or cannot attend the event, you CAN purchase tickets by mail, or by paypal (PM/email me for the info). Though the raffle is only days away, there will be an honor system, and arrangements wil be made to accommodate. All snail-mailed raffle money must be received by October 4, 2008, or else any won prizes by that party will be awarded to someone else.

So, come on by the BBQ and get in on the raffle!

Let me know if you folks have any questions. Depending on questions, I might make amendments to the above rules, so please me mindful and aware. Thanks!!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: 3rd Annual NYCA Fall BBQ - Saturday, September 27

Hopefully the winds will favour 13L this year!

Excellent! I'll be there again this year, likely along with my parents (so I don't have to pay for gas :borat: )

Thanks for having us again, Vinny!

Count me in !
    Greg

I would like to come but I have no car so getting there and back from Brooklyn would be extremely hard. I had a scary incident this week on a train when a gang entered my car and started kicking me for no reason. Car service is very expensive; especially with the price of gas.

Speedbird, we usually hang out at LGA until they throw us out - some of us have literally taken the last shuttle bus to the parking lot - and we head down to Vinny's place after that. Just ask for a ride, many of us will be making the trip and someone will be glad to take you. It's a convenient day for the BBQ, as many of us are already out and together, it's just an extension of the Kid's Day festivities.

I missed last year's event but will be there this year. The boys from YUL are planning on coming down that weekend as well. Lets hope the weather is good.

Thanks. It sounds good but sadly, in this day and age few people are willing to give a ride to a total stranger. I was stranded many times by folks I got friendly with on Rockaway Blvd at the 22L JFK approach lights who promised me a ride back into JFK. Every one of them, suddenly jumped into their cars and sped-off. I wound-up having to walk in the dark along Rockaway Blvd back into JFK and got mosquito-bitten. I'll try to get a ride to Howard Beach as you suggest.

Sorry to say I will miss both Kids Day & the BBQ this year.
    Heading off to PA for the weekend.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Sorry to say I will miss both Kids Day & the BBQ this year.
    Me too. :evil:
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    Thanks. It sounds good but sadly, in this day and age few people are willing to give a ride to a total stranger. I was stranded many times by folks I got friendly with on Rockaway Blvd at the 22L JFK approach lights who promised me a ride back into JFK. Every one of them, suddenly jumped into their cars and sped-off. I wound-up having to walk in the dark along Rockaway Blvd back into JFK and got mosquito-bitten. I'll try to get a ride to Howard Beach as you suggest.
    Unless something horrible happens between now and then, I will be at Kid's Day, and I will give you a ride to Vinny's from LGA. I'll send you my cell beforehand so we can meet up before they chase us out of the airport.

I choose the same day as Kids Day because its an event that already brings people out to gather together, and while everyone's already out as a group, we can do something after the event.

There is no need at all to rush out of LGA. They will kick us out regardless, and you're not obligated to show up immediately at 5:30, so don't feel rushed.

As for rides, I've never seen a problem with people missing out on rides, and I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Sometimes people just need a reminder, as there is often a lot going on with a big group. One of us will make sure that you are taken care of.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I am beginning to think you guys PLAN these things for when I am not available.... :roll:

My better half and I will be taking my inlaws to visit our resident genious in her new digs at Georgetown University that weekend.

If anything changes, I will be there, but if I had to choose between this and seeing my daughter, sorry guys..........
    It's the fares, stupid

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Hate to say, I'm out too. in LAX for a wedding.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Darn - can't make two trips to NY in such a short time and I've already booked the October trip...pity...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/