Thread: Hanna Delays and Diversions Thread

Hanna Delays and Diversions Thread

FAA DELAYS TICKER
    JFK
    Arrivals: Due to WEATHER / LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 4 hours and 9 minutes.
    Departures: None

LGA
    Arrivals: None
    Departures: Due to WX:TORNADO/HURRICANE, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 46 minutes and 1 hour in length and increasing.

EWR
    Arrivals: Due to WEATHER / LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 43 minutes

PORT AUTHORITY DIVERSIONS TICKER
    JFK
    None so far

LGA
    US 3474 from CMH > Diverted to PIT
    UA 402 from DEN > Diverted to PIT

EWR
    CO 143 from BCN > Diverted to BOS
    CO 2006 from KCI > Diverted to ALB
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Hanna Delays and Diversions Thread

FAA DELAYS TICKER
    JFK
    Arrivals: Due to WEATHER / LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 53 minutes.
    Departures: Due to WX:TSTMS, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 30 minutes and 44 minutes in length and decreasing.

LGA

EWR
    Departures: Due to WX:TSTMS, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 1 hour and 16 minutes and 1 hour and 30 minutes in length and increasing.

PORT AUTHORITY DIVERSIONS TICKER
    JFK
    AA from SAN > Diverted to BDL
    AA 2 from LAX > Diverted to SYR
    B6 92 from SLC > Diverted to AVP

LGA
    No new diversions.

EWR
    No new diversions.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

We were pretty surprised to hear planes flying overhead this afternoon...but the weather wasn't actually that bad other than a lot of rain...

A friend of mine was booked on Qantas JFK-LAX-SYD at 7:30, more or less the peak of the storm, and it looks like they managed to takeoff only about 1:45 late, which isn't terrible for JFK.

I flew back from Florida on Saturday night on Delta 96, FLL-JFK on an MD-88. We were supposed to board at 5:20 and depart at 5:50, but we ended up getting an ATC slot time of 7 PM so they delayed us in the terminal. We boarded at 6:20 and pushed at about 6:55, but once we started taxiing, we got put in the penalty box until about 7:30 when we were finally released and took off. Flight time was supposed to only be 2:11, but we ended up in a holding pattern about 80 miles south of JFK, presumably somewhere over the CAMRN intersection. Landed on 31R at about 10:30 or so with surprisingly little rain, but pretty low cloud ceiling and low visibility. Other than the 1:30 delay, I was happy to make it home and the flight was very smooth up front in the maddog.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection