Thread: I'm BACK!!

I'm BACK!!

Hello All! I hope you didn't miss me to much ;) I just got back from Italy last night and have to say that it was a trip of a lifetime! The experiences I had for the last 15 days can't be described in words or pictures. The places I saw and friends I made will be with me for the rest of my life.

I'll post pics this weekend and do a trip report on my AA flights in F and Biz which were a 10 out of 10! A brief summary of where I went includes....

-Rome- Rome truly is the eternal city.
    -Vatican City- Very overwhelming but powerful.
    -Pompeii- It must be seen to be believed.
    -Sorrento and the Amalfi coast- Truly one of the nicest places I’ve ever seen.
    -Island of Capri- One word….”AMAZING.”
    -Florence- A photographers paradise!
    -Verona- Truly old world in nature.
    -Lake Gaurda- An escape from the busy cities of Italy.
    -5 Lands- An idyllic world carved out of a fantasy book.
    -Verona- A cultural paradise.
    -Milan- Awesome nightlife.
    -Bologna- Quick stop but very laid back.
    -Venice- You have to go there to truly be able to describe its wonders.

Everything was fantastic, flights, the tour company (Contiki, http://www.contiki.com ) the ppl I meet on the tour...everything was just amazing. I'm looking forward to sharing many of the stories with everyone. Italy is a wonderful country full of such contrasting personalities and landscape. Every place we went to was so unique and breathtaking. The nightlife was out of this world and just loads of fun...yes you will see pics of me that will make you laugh ;) But I don't care; it was such a feeling of freedom and happiness being over there and partying the night away with new friends. 15 bottles of wine the first night of the tour brought everyone together pretty quickly. We did a make shift beach party in Sorrento…..wow! Clubbing in Milan…Awesome!

I'm sort of rambling but I think what made this tour so amazing was the ppl. There were only 5 Americans on the tour, most were from Aussies and Canucks but we all bonded the first night and became very close. If any of you are between 18 and 35 and are thinking about traveling I'd highly recommend a tour with Contiki Holidays.

Re: I'm BACK!!

Sounds like you had a good time. I've heard many good things about Contiki tours. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Welcome back! Glad you had such a good time. I was to Italy 30 years ago, and would love to return one day. Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing more about the trip.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Batten down the hatches, Don Tomas is back!

Verona! hope you got good pics of the stadium! We played in a soccer tournament in that stadium years ago!

:mrgreen:

Cant wait to hear all about it.

Did you invite your steerage class passenger into your AA cubicle for dinner?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie

Verona! hope you got good pics of the stadium! We played in a soccer tournament in that stadium years ago!

:mrgreen:

Cant wait to hear all about it.

Did you invite your steerage class passenger into your AA cubicle for dinner?
    No sorry didn't see the stadium, we weren't there long enough. I did however get a picture of me pretending to lick the breast of Juilet Verona...leave it to the American to be a pig. My friend did come up to the forward cabin but after dinner, we had some drinks on AA's dime.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Is it any coincidence that Tommy gets home, and a hurricane may be on the way? :shock:

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Welcome back sweetheart. Lookin' forward to seeing some pics!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Tommy who??? :lol:

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Look forward to seeing some pics as well!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/