Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Airways New Callsign

Re: US Airways New Callsign

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R
    I didnt like the passing of the Piedmont ( The original one ) callsign ,
    can you enlighten the "youngsters" in the house?
    Aug 5th 1989 , Piedmont was merged into USAir. There was and probably still are people who held PI close , it was my 1st airline job and thanks to some really good people running the company , and some great co workers . we had a great little company.. hated to see it go . but time marches on .

Well at least at LGA Day one was pretty un-eventful. I was on Ramp Control from 0430-2130 so I heard a lot and the crews did not seem as resistant as I would have expected. I monitored ground and tower a lot and there where a lot of "USAir I mean Cactus" calls but I did not here much sarcassism. Most of the crews that called me to push or come in the alley used Cactus, and seemed ok with. One Captain used Cact-East and invited others to use it. All in all just another LONG day at the office.

Regards

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    I didnt like the passing of the Piedmont ( The original one ) callsign ,
    can you enlighten the "youngsters" in the house?
    Aug 5th 1989 , Piedmont was merged into USAir. There was and probably still are people who held PI close , it was my 1st airline job and thanks to some really good people running the company , and some great co workers . we had a great little company.. hated to see it go . but time marches on .
    oh! you meant the original piedmont. i thought you were talking about a completley different callsign other than "Piedmont."
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.