Thread: Little Leaguer Banned for Being TOO GOOD

Little Leaguer Banned for Being TOO GOOD

9-year-old boy told he's too good to pitch

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN, Associated Press Writer John Christoffersen, Associated Press Writer – Mon Aug 25, 4:21 pm ET

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Nine-year-old Jericho Scott is a good baseball player — too good, it turns out.

The right-hander has a fastball that tops out at about 40 mph. He throws so hard that the Youth Baseball League of New Haven told his coach that the boy could not pitch any more. When Jericho took the mound anyway last week, the opposing team forfeited the game, packed its gear and left, his coach said.

Officials for the three-year-old league, which has eight teams and about 100 players, said they will disband Jericho's team, redistributing its players among other squads, and offered to refund $50 sign-up fees to anyone who asks for it. They say Jericho's coach, Wilfred Vidro, has resigned. [Full Article]
    The administrators of this league should be banned from raising children.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Little Leaguer Banned for Being TOO GOOD

There is a hero.... The Coach who said to the kid...Go ahead and pitch when the league banned him from doing so. He has the right stuff for standing up for this kid....

The flip side is that these 9 year old can bearly hold the bat...this kid should be playing with kids in their teens. They should not have told him he can not pitch...they should have told him he is too good for his grade level and MADE the younger kid play with older teens.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    There is a hero.... The Coach who said to the kid...Go ahead and pitch when the league banned him from doing so. He has the right stuff for standing up for this kid...
    My thoughts exactly. I can kinda understand why they wouldn't want a kid with a 40 mph fastball playing with 9-year-olds, but they handled it very inappropriately.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    There is a hero....
    that word gets used way too often these days!

now i'm not disagreeing with you fred, the coach was right to let the kid pitch. it's not like he's breaking any rules the league set out. the kid is 9 and happens to be a good pitcher. maybe he practiced, or maybe his patents stuck hormones in his formula. that we don't know. i just don't think that makes the coach a hero...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.