Thread: Back To Tucson

Back To Tucson

Well my youngest son begins college life tomorrow as we head to Tucson, Arizona to drop him off and settle him into his room. We leave tomorrow at 6:55 on
    a Delta 757 to Atlanta then a change to another 757 and the flight to Tucson. Keeping my eyes on Tropical Storm Fay down there in Fla. Sorry Floridians but I
    hope she stays there or anywhere but the Atlanta area until I get in and out. Right now it looks like I'll be fine. Be back by Friday evening. Maybe I'll be able to make a
    run by Davis-Monthan (love looking at those dinosaurs) but we'll see.

Re: Back To Tucson

> Sorry Floridians but I hope she stays there or anywhere but the Atlanta area until I get in and out. <

Absolutely no problems in and out of Atlanta though the ride in this afternoon was pretty bumpy. Didnt realize how BIG Atlanta Intl was especially
    the Delta facilities. Pretty cool they have an underground rail system that takes you to their many terminals.

>Right now it looks like I'll be fine. Be back by Friday evening.<

Great flights. On the Tuscon to Atlanta leg we had the last row(A-B-C) on the 757 with just my wife and me. Coming back on a Delta MD-88 we were in
    the two seat row and I grabbed the window. We came in R22 right down NJ and the Hudson. Awesome awesome viewing. Even had to circle twice over
    some amusement park in NJ before moving on. Chatted with one of the flight attendants while we waited to deboard. She was a real southern belle
    with a great Aabama accent and just so friendly and funny. This was her third flight of the day and had to wait another two hours at LGA for the final
    leg back to Atlanta. She was tired and just wanted to get home and curl up with a glass of wine. Not as glamorous as one might think.

>Maybe I'll be able to make a run by Davis-Monthan (love looking at those dinosaurs) but we'll see.<

Never made it as we were too busy but coming in to Tuscon Wed. we flew right over D/M and it looked very cool from high up. And of course all day
    you see the A-10, usually in flights of two, coming in on approach right over the U of A. Also saw fighter jets, C-130s and yesterday a C-17 right over
    us. Last night I was in the parking lot of our hotel and saw the LifeNet Astar come in and land at the Tuscon Medical Center which was right across the
    street from our hotel. Walked over and N544AM had shutdown and was refueling on the pad which was situated on the 2nd floor roof of a parking garage.
    They stayed about 20 minutes before heading out. The med ships around Tuscon stay pretty busy.

Re: Back To Tucson

>On the Tuscon to Atlanta<

Be nice if I remembered how to spell the cities name. OY!! :lol: