Thread: off to Paris tomorrow (now with trip report)

off to Paris tomorrow (now with trip report)

tomorrow AF 17 777-300
    8-26 AF 006 777-300

hope to post a report when I return.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Re: off to Paris tomorrow

Have a great trip. Paris is a fantastic place.

Re: off to Paris tomorrow

I LOVE WERNER KURPJUWEIT
    Last edited by LH_nach_Berlin; 2012-10-19 at 02:10 AM.

Re: off to Paris tomorrow (now with trip report)

8/20 Air France 017 JFK-CDG 777-300
    F-GSQV

Seats-29E,F,G,H

Schd Depart 6:00pm actual 6:20 Wheels up at 6:55

Flight time was 7hrs 10 min the plane had the nose camera which was great otherwise long boring flight, food was good, service was typical french, landed in a pretty stong cross wind at CDG and actually parked at a gate at CDG.

8/26 AF 006 CDG-JFK B 777-300
    F-GZNB delivered to AF 4/20/08 still smelled new...

Seat 29, E,F,G,H

Schd Depart 1:15 actual 2:10

after a smooth check in and security we headed over to gate E70 which involved a train ride to the term. while waiting there we noticed there was no plane by the gate by 12:30 started to wonder, then realized that being CDG the plane is prob not right outside the gate.... then we noticed the buses parked under the window.. we boarded through the gate but instead of using the jetway it was down the stairs to the waiting buses for a 10 min bus ride around the airport to our waiting plane, boarded up the stairs, in door 1L past first and business classes.... :( to our seats, so after starting boarding late, getting everyone bussed to the plane then having a problem with the tractor, we final pushed back almost an hour late, again had the camera on for taxi, quick taxi to runway and take off, again food was good, execpt my kids liked the kids meals on the flight to Paris much better the flight home, (french kids don't eat chicken nuggets) had two small batched of turbulance other then that smooth flight service was ok, again had the self service drink area open but they never seem to restock it so by the end of the flight there were no cups and 1/2 a bottle of flat pepsi. flew down LI over longbeach and landed on 31R taxied to the gate and was only 4 min late. as we were waiting at imigration saw CNN headline of the delays yesterday happily they didn't effect us. very qucik through passports and customs and home.

One question about Paris after my third trip now why are sodas so expensive? cheapest price I found for a small bottle of coke was 2.50 euro saw up to 6euro for one and most restaurants are in the 4 euro range for a bottle????

There imported. I have no idea but I wasn't drinking soda when I was in Paris :mrgreen:
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by Ari707
    One question about Paris after my third trip now why are sodas so expensive? cheapest price I found for a small bottle of coke was 2.50 euro saw up to 6euro for one and most restaurants are in the 4 euro range for a bottle????
    Ha, that's nothin...

That's for ONE glass of Coke. I knew the "regular" size was around 4 Euro, which is a lot, but when the guy asked if I wanted a large, I was thirsty, and didn't think it would be double. Not knowing how much it was, I had two...that's about $32 if you're keeping score at home. It was at a restaurant on the Champs Elysee, which you expect to be a rip off, but the food was actually reasonably priced. The drinks...not so reasonable.

I don't know why it is so expensive, I suspect it's to encourage people to drink French wine. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I had that to on the Champs Elysee we paid 24 Euro for 4 sodas and 22 for 4 sandwitches

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I don't know why it is so expensive, I suspect it's to encourage people to drink French wine. :)
    So why is French food so expensive in the US? Because we want to encourage people to eat at McDonalds? :)

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    So why is French food so expensive in the US? Because we want to encourage people to eat at McDonalds? :)
    Yes. They can get inexpensive, yet delicious French fries there!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9