Thread: Great New England Air Show - Sept 6-7

Great New England Air Show - Sept 6-7

Anyone interested in going to this one? Only 120 miles away from the city and the tunderbirds (along with B2, Harrier) gonna be there.

http://www.greatnewenglandairshow.com/index.shtml

Re: Great New England Air Show - Sept 6-7

thanks for giving me the heads up, i might attend. I really want to see the C-5, C-17, KC-10, and KC-135R. do you know what time/ day they are expected to perform. sadly, i heard the B-2 will not be performing. Also, the location of the spectators, is it crowded, good for photographs, backlit? and about the static displays, will you be able to get close, or even on board them? thanks.

Re: Great New England Air Show - Sept 6-7

For those who did not attend, it was quite a decent show, probably not like Farnborough but it is a good show with some decent crowed and sights. You can board, touch, lick all you want on the C-5, KC-135, C-130 and among others. The more "sensitive" ones, like the USAF BBJ, E-3, F-16 are off limits and you can only view them 5 feet away.

C-17 did a few touch and go as well as low level flying which was quite amazing. The warbirds also did some demostration but the best part was the F-18 which (I think) got very close to breaking the sound barrier on Saturday, really crappy weather but one can get a LOT of condensation shots. Luckily it rain right after the Thunderbirds were touching down on Saturday, which marked the end of the show. I will have some shots up soon!