Thread: Simple Photo usage Request

Simple Photo usage Request

I got a message from someone on JP that wants to use my Air India shot for his personal collection of T7's. He said it will not be used for commercial rights, but wants it in large format, as in the size I shot it. Think I should let him have it?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6327748
    "lol retart"

Re: Simple Photo usage Request

I've received quite a few requests from this guy but not once did I let him. I've read of many other people recieving the same. I think theres no need for him to need a large format.

Does he want it for something simple like his background?

Sometimes when I see a cool shot, I ask the author to give me a large resolution shot that will fit as my desktop wallpaper. If its a simple request like that, I would think you should take it as a compliment :)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i've recieved that request in the past before, and the person eluded to the fact they wanted it as a background. i asked them for the screensize, then eddited it to fit and mailed it out. they were happy.

my advice to you, ask what it's for and why they need the large size before sending.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Stuart is he asking for to use it for his personal collection? If so this guy does this to everyone. He's a real loser and I'd send him nothing but a big "F$%K YOU." He doesn't bother me anymore after the last email I sent him. hehe

I got an email from that guy a couple months ago. I replied that I'd be happy to send him a print for whatever it costs. He never responded.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I got an email from that guy a couple months ago. I replied that I'd be happy to send him a print for whatever it costs. He never responded.
    Me too.

Never give away high-res versions of your photos to individuals. I would ONLY sedn them to professional corporations that I can easily track and monitor for unauthorized usage.

Whoever this guy is, he should be told to stop asking people for that. There's no reason for anyone to have a high-res version for a "personal collection". Either you need a 1200-wide for your desktop, or you want to purchase a print.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Never give away high-res versions of your photos to individuals. I would ONLY sedn them to professional corporations that I can easily track and monitor for unauthorized usage.

Whoever this guy is, he should be told to stop asking people for that. There's no reason for anyone to have a high-res version for a "personal collection". Either you need a 1200-wide for your desktop, or you want to purchase a print.
    This guy has been told to stop about a million times from plenty of people, but he never does. Even Chris Kilroy sent him an email about stopping sometime ago. He's either a bit slow or has no scruples what so ever.