Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packing for the Olympics

Re: Packing for the Olympics

This one post of his is EXTREMELY interesting, and I think that we, as aviation photographers, can learn a lot about it in terms of how a similar mindset can be applied to what we do. Really fascinating piece.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/olympicp ... ction.aspx
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

That's really good, Phil, glad you posted it. In terms of the unique shots aspect of that piece, replace "sports" with "aviation" and that's us. Of course not many of us are trying to make a living doing it, nor do we have an Aston Martin's worth of equipment to accomplish that.

That's my next question...how did he get all that stuff over there? How do you insure that? I'll have to read more of his stuff.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Exactly, Matt. There are so many of us who shoot, but there are also so many different reasons and motivations, and that affects our shooting styles. If we upload to a site, we might conform to one of the site's standards. Maybe we hope to get published in a certain magazine, or hope to get a lot of hits on those photo database sites, or hope to get professional sales, maybe we shoot just to document, etc.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wow thats a lot of camera gear.

Exactly 5 years while chasing Concorde I wish i had those white lenses for the EOS 3.

Here in London when we get 2012 games I hope 35mm film will still be around then i'd use the Canon EOS 3 with my normal lenses, but i'd make sure i had plenty of ASA200 or ASA400 film.