Thread: 2 A380 Diversions in Europe Today

2 A380 Diversions in Europe Today

I thought this was a bit interesting and worth a post.

Today EK201 destined for JFK from DXB diverted to MUC due to a medical emergency aboard and SQ318 destined for LHR from SIN diverted to LGW due to an ATC fire alarm which closed LHR for a bit.

This makes 3 A380 diversions with the first one occurring during the inaugural SIN-NRT flight which diverted to NGO.

Re: 2 A380 Diversions in Europe Today

What was the inaugural diversion due to?

Simple bad luck I guess. None of that can really be attributed to the aircraft itself.

What I'm wondering is how many diversion airport options the A380 really has. And though able to land where they diverted, I wonder if those planes are very heavy and will be able to depart with its full load, or ferry out and commercial the pax to their destination.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The first A380 diversion was due to bad weather at NRT.

I wasn't really implying that any of this was due to the aircraft itself, just interesting because diversion airports have been a concern for the aircraft and it seems like the A380 was fine at LGW, MUC, and NGO.

I'll bet any spotters at LGW where thrilled when the A-380 showed up unexpectuantly ?

LGA777

10th of august medical diversion of the A380.

On the 10th of august the A380 bound for JFK, made a medical diversion with a sick person onboard to Munich, I wonder if this would happen over the Atlantic where would the divert to
    New Foundland or Ireland?

A little update here...

A 9 year old passenger suffered a seizure, crew contacted Medilink who advised of an imediate diversion to VIE, VIE deemed not suitable for the A380 (there words not mine), so went on to MUC instead.

Aircraft DID land overweight, but trace files and E-logbook reports came back clean...A380 continued on its way to JFK

EK201 actually came VERY close to diverting due to weather. Almost two on one flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Novanglus
    EK201 actually came VERY close to diverting due to weather. Almost two on one flight!
    Wonder where it would have diverted to on this side of the pond. I've heard SWF is being considered as an A380 divert airport. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Wonder where it would have diverted to on this side of the pond. I've heard SWF is being considered as an A380 divert airport. :D
    That would just make your day, wouldn't it Gordon? :)

Hi guys
    I was on a day-trip to MUC from Edinburgh for some photography, when I was on the Ramp Tour the A380 came in, what a surprise!!
    Here's a link to some photos of it at Munich, at the time we didnt know why it had come in.

http://www.egphphotos.co.uk/bigimage.php?image_id=7368
    http://www.egphphotos.co.uk/bigimage.php?image_id=7390
    http://www.egphphotos.co.uk/bigimage.php?image_id=7366
    http://www.egphphotos.co.uk/bigimage.php?image_id=7365
    http://www.egphphotos.co.uk/bigimage.php?image_id=7367

I also took a video from the Viewing Park
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yEG-k_U3wDI

regards
    Robert

Heres your A380 arriving delayed into JFK that evening. It landed on 22R due to Runway Centerline light debris on 22L. 6:38PM arrival.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    That would just make your day, wouldn't it Gordon? :)
    SWF would be ideal...long runways, and even if it had to park in an odd location, there's not much traffic to disrupt up there, compared to BOS, PHL, etc.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Heres your A380 arriving delayed into JFK that evening. It landed on 22R due to Runway Centerline light debris on 22L. 6:38PM arrival.
    Awesome shot, Senga...baby Airbus looking up at daddy Airbus.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9