Thread: ....WTF.... A380 hot photo

....WTF.... A380 hot photo

OK, so whats up???? I thought the A380 wasn't going to be hot, but guess who uploaded and got it accepted as hot? The same guy who said we couldn't..... Tom! Also, Kenny got his up as hot (Unless they went through the entire queue in less than a day....)

This is completely ridiculous! I find it funny that you, Tom told us that we couldn't upload it as hot yet you sent in two shots yourself as hot.... How can that be explained????

Needless to say when Stuart and I saw this this morning (or late night, whatever you consider 2 AM) we tried uploading ours and got immediate "bad hot" rejections.....

This has really made me angry at the lack of consistency between some uploaders and others.... I would appreciate a reply from those responsible for these decisions.
    nwa FOREVER!

Re: ....WTF.... A380 hot photo

Just an update, after an appeal explaining everything they have accepted it as a hot photo.

Communication needs to be stronger between the screeners, this should never have happened... I am still concerned by the fact that Tommy told us not to upload it as hot but he did anyway.....
    nwa FOREVER!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

I can't speak for Tommy, but I think I accidentally clicked the Hot Photo button instead of the watermark button. I looked at the texts you and Stooey sent me at 0300hrs and thought to myself "WTF are these hoopels talking about". I was just as surprised as you were.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I know they didn't go through the whole queue last night - I'm still sitting at 2600+ and 6500+ :(
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Matt I was shocked this morning when I saw my two photos accepted because I did not upload them as hot I uploaded them in the normal queue. I was also very upset that perhaps a fellow screener prescreened my shots and added them before anyone else's, I did see Kenny's and yours up there. Joe C has one in the queue which I'm going to prescreen myself.

First off Matt I went to bat for the users on this site, just like I did the last time the A380 came in about uploading it as hot or not. The last time the Admins at JP.net said yes, this time they said no since it's been to JFK and the rules of a hot photo don't include first time scheduled flights. The users on this site have contributed allot to JP.net and it’s greatly appreciated.

Now for EXACTLY why the change was made at the 11th hour. Because of GothamSpotter's choice of words to "joke" around in the post "Post your A380 shots here" thread. Some at JP.net didn't find the jab funny and basically said "ok now you won't have the first pics it’s now a hot photo." There’s always going to be a certain level of competition between all these hobby sites which is good it keeps each site changing to ensure a healthy traffic flow. However it’s my opinion that it should be kept professional and friendly.

I'm not laying blame on either party but for one. This site if I understand it correctly has a rule about putting down both A.net and JP.net in threads. The joke IMO just wasn't necessary and it contributed nothing to the thread and now backfired. Who it ticked off at JP.net shouldn't have NEVER changed what we as a crew discussed and agreed to that reaction was immature and also not necessary.

The bottom line is yes it’s very confusing and upsetting, and as a crew member at JP.net I apologize for the confusion. All A380 shots as I said in my updated post about it being hot will be accepted providing they meet the standards will be accepted as a hot photo for the next 24 hours.

Matt I've always tried to help out this community and even yesterday was giving Phil min by min updates on what runway was going to be used, where the plane was, etc. Right now I’m a bit upset at both sites for their actions as it has squarely put me in bad light with some people and it was never my intent to confuse anyone here.

Well thank you Tommy for your explanation. I appologise if I came on too strong, I thought you purposefully put yours in as hot... Thank you for the clarification and I apologize, I was just a bit ticked.... You guys do good work over there.
    nwa FOREVER!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Perhaps its all a matter of interpretation?

I did not see "First one to post a photo of the whale bird on approach to JFK gets the undying admiration of your fellow NYCA'ers along with thousands of rubber necking anetters and jpnetters (who will have to look here since they'll be waiting a week for the pics to show up on their own sites)" as a put down of either site.

I did see it as clean as it seemed. I read Matt's post as "Lets see the photos here ASAP." I suppose its not different to when we post our photos here after a day of shooting vs. waiting a week or two to post the links to our photos on either sites.

So is it possible the "jab" that jp.net felt was misinterpreted? I can't speak for Gotham, but I didn't read it as a jab.

Likewise, is it also possible that NWAfan misinterpreted the situation incorrectly? Yes. However, nwafan, for you to publicly call Tom's integrity into question is deplorable.

Surely you could have conversed with him via PM.

Or at the very least, given Tom the benefit of the doubt.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

If I was a screener, I would have screened yours early too! Sorry to hear you got caught in the middle, Please do not stop trying! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Oh and just incase anyone doubts my integrity... Here's a screenshot of my JP.net acceptance email. Notice the time it spent in the que. A hot photo would never sit that long.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Yeah mine was in for a few hours as well. Tommy, your integrity was never an issue with me. Hell, if not for your updates, most of us might not have even shot the damn bird. Matt and Stuart, your texts at 0343 hrs woke my wife and made me want to drive to Cortlandt and comitting a crime. Mario, Matt apologized as publically as he called Tommy out. That is ok in my book.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Anti-JP or Anet threads are not allowed, but because this received so many replies and because it clarifies certain points, I will lock it instead of deleting it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I will add one additional note about the above comments made from both sides of the debate.

First, if someone wants to call out one particular person with a problem, then take it to PM. This is not the place for anti-site or personal beefs.

Secondly, the joke that was made was as obvious of a joke as could be. If it caused any drama on another site, it was completely unforeseeable, and it's a shame that anyone would be insulted by that.

I look at the entire situation as a large misunderstanding and miscommunication. I think multiple parties involved should have controlled their emotions and held off to learn about what had happened before reacting.

If someone has anything more to say, please take it to PM.

Thanks.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I apologize if I offended anyone over at JP or Anet about my "waiting for a week" comment...I thought it was clear, but perhaps it was not...my post was meant to be humorous. At the end of the day, I personally, nor will anyone else on the NYCA team, lose any sleep about what a "hot photo" is or how anyone makes the decision on what to deem a "hot photo." We appreciate Tommy giving us a heads up on saying it would NOT be a hot photo, and at the same time we appreciate JP changing their stance on the issue.

We @ NYCA have sort of a symbiotic relationship with the photo sites which only benefits everyone...we handle the discussion and give people tips on where to go, and jp and anet publish the photos that everyone wants to see. By no means do we ever wish to degrade this relationship.

To ensure everyone knows I am kidding, I have added a SMILEY WINK ( ) to my possibly offensive post.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9