Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: POST YOUR PHOTOS: Emirates A380 Arrives at JFK

Re: POST YOUR PHOTOS: Emirates A380 Arrives at JFK

Well, I am glad JFK now has its own near daily A380. More to come. Nice turn out to greet this beast too.

Too bad about the clouds...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ
    I don't think this has been mentioned, but I think kudos are due to Jetphotos.net. I uploaded two different shots to Jetphotos.net and Airliners.net shortly after arriving home last night; based on the individual sites' rules I didn't think the A380 NYC visit merited being a "hot" item (despite my own personal views on the matter), and didn't mark the photos as hot on either site. This morning, I had an e-mail from Jetphotos, unfortunately a rejection for "contrast". I was first surprised that the photo was screened as priority even though I hadn't marked it as such, but obviously disappointed in the rejection. I then re-uploaded another image, the same one I submitted to Airliners, feeling sure this time it wouldn't be a hot item since quite a few others had their shots accepted by that time. A few hours later I checked back - and lo and behold, they made another pass through the upload queue and accepted my shot. I am impressed.

I'm normally an Airliners.net kind of guy, but situations like this infuriate me. All of our JFK A380 shots will sit in the A.net queue for the next two weeks while the rest of the world quietly forgets about the event. This costs both us and the site hits, in a big way. Meanwhile, Jetphotos reaps the rewards. I'm thinking more and more my loyalties are misplaced.

Mister John J,

You haven't been a member of these boards all that long. Allow me to make you aware of the fact much of everything you've just said is wildly instigative. The manner by which you speak is likely to urge, provoke, and/or incite heated debate amongst the individuals comprising this community. As passionate members of the aviation community as a whole, it's most proper for us all to keep any thoughts of this sort we may have, for whatever reason, to ourselves or on an interpersonal level... not on one which is global. On behalf of the several hundred individuals here, I'd ask that you do the same.

This being said, welcome!

to everyone else...

Glad you all seemed to have such a fantastic time, despite the dodgy weather! I wish I could have been there to join in on the fun. I'm happy to see that many of you (recording breaking crowd! WOW!) were able to enjoy this memorable day in the history of aviation in the U.S. :D

- jMay
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Certainly not the greatest of days to be out shooting such an event, but we were there. Like all the times in the past when the weather wasn't stellar yet we were there to record the event. And such a big turnout too! Nice to see so many interested in the hobby. Here's a couple I took and the group shot Anne took.

Good looking group with all ages represented.

Art

And before it arrived, it had to depart

Expanding Beyond PHL
    http://phlairline.com

Great shots everyone! I bet it was great to get it on it's first US arrival in the Emirates colors.

Is is going to be in New York frequently now?

I want to thank those of you who posted the awesome shots and I hope everyone had a great time spotting this beauty Friday afternoon. A job well done!

I drove over to the airport last friday afternoon to spot it at the gate. The best I could get was the tail view from 878-Rockaway Blvd west bound. Being that it was parked in the inside gates of T-4, I couldn't get a good shot of it inside of the airport. I am hoping to see it in all its glory coming in on a 31L/R final. (Better yet ... intercepting it on a 22L short final driving westbound on 878...)
    Flying is the best way to get high.
    Getting high is the best way to fly.
    Making the sky the best place on Earth. (Air France)

Welcome to the site, Carlisle. Glad you got to witness it. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

They are great photos :)

But no offense to any A380 chasers on here but I won't make a special visit to Heathrow to see a Singapoor A380, as i am a Concorde chaser and will only go to Heathrow to see Concorde G-BOAB.

If an A380 happens to fly by then i'll take a photo or 3.

On Concorde I had to use a ASA/400 film + 80-400 mm zoom + 1/500th sec or more to get her on take off / landing.

What lenses and shutter speeds did you guys use to catch the A380 ?

Is it as slow as 747 or is it a bit faster ?

Forgot to post this shot of our illustrious leader the other day when I posted the shots of the A380. Phil arriving at the mounds, better known as "Tick Place".

Enjoy :borat:

Excellent capture, Art. Excellent. I thank you. haha
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A rather similar shot to many others but it's still the A380!

Chris, it will be operating 3 times a week on EK201/202 starting on August 8th until October 1st when it goes daily.