Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A380 will not be a Hot Photo (UPDATE 8/2)

A380 will not be a Hot Photo (UPDATE 8/2)

Just an fyi to all, the A380 landing at JFK this Friday is not being considered a Hot photo at JP.net for a few reasons.

1. Its been to JFK.
    2. Its been to North America before.
    3. First revenue flights are not consider Hot Photos.

Just wanted to let you know before anyone uploaded it as hot and it got rejected.

Some personal observations and suggestions to make your photo standout. Lets face it the mounds (if 22L is in use) will be mobbed with spotters taking the same shot. I'm not even sure everyone will fit up there. You might want to try another location, the park on the way to the mounds provides an interesting view or if you're daring, along Rockaway provides a very dramatic shot, however you can't sit and wait for it, you have to time it right pull over shoot and move on. All this is assuming 22s are in use.

Re: A380 will not be a Hot Photo

Not to get into the spotting planning aspect of it (which will belong in another thread), but will people start getting rejections if their shots are similar to other people next to them?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

In regards to the crowd at the mounds...I have no problem fighting the elderly, women, or children. Oh, I am also undefeated against midgets and/or little people.

Just sayin'.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Just don't be tackling any bike riders, Kenny, that will get you in trouble!

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Not to get into the spotting planning aspect of it (which will belong in another thread), but will people start getting rejections if their shots are similar to other people next to them?
    Has that ever been an issue before? If you look at my JFK shots this year, for each one, there's about a 90% chance that either Brian or Kenny has the exact same shot in the database... :)

I'm not so concerned about getting the same shots as others. I'm just excited to take a shot to document it, and hang out with the group.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    No we don't have a rule like A.net does about similar when it comes to different photogs. However if a photog uploaded a squence of three from the mounds the chances are only one will be accepted.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

No we don't have a rule like A.net does about similar when it comes to different photogs
    Hmmm kind of confused Tommy, I don't think this rule exists but if you can find it please post. To my knowledge the baddouble rejection on anet means same plane same day from a similiar angle by the same photog. Sometimes if the shot warrants it two shots from a different angle can be accepted but no rule exists saying if you shoot something next to a few other spotters and it is the same it will be rejected.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    No we don't have a rule like A.net does about similar when it comes to different photogs
    Hmmm kind of confused Tommy, I don't think this rule exists but if you can find it please post. To my knowledge the baddouble rejection on anet means same plane same day from a similiar angle by the same photog. Sometimes if the shot warrants it two shots from a different angle can be accepted but no rule exists saying if you shoot something next to a few other spotters and it is the same it will be rejected.
    In the case where multiple photogs have the same shot on the same day, I assume it could lead to 'common' rejections rather than 'double'

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

In the case where multiple photogs have the same shot on the same day, I assume it could lead to 'common' rejections rather than 'double'
    This is incorrect. The baddouble rejection pertains to # of shots in the DB of a subject, not a group of photogs shooting the same subject.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

This is incorrect. The baddouble rejection pertains to # of shots in the DB of a subject, not a group of photogs shooting the same subject.
    I know a few people who have gotten rejections and then appealed saying they have never shot the plane.... Lost the appeals because there are "many shots in the database of the plane at the same airport from similar angles"

It has happened
    nwa FOREVER!

Our screening tools on Jetphotos only looks at photos uploaded by you and only you. So if there's 20s guys out on Friday and all 20 upload the same shot of the A380 and the shots meet out standards we'll accept them regardless if its a common shot. Remember we look for reasosn to accept a picture rather then reject.

I will be praying for all your acceptance......ENGINE FIRE, ENGINE FIRE, ENGINE FIRE....

I know I am a bad person, I do not need a reply to tell me :borat:

Please excuse the term....HAPPY HUNTING! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    I know a few people who have gotten rejections and then appealed saying they have never shot the plane.... Lost the appeals because there are "many shots in the database of the plane at the same airport from similar angles"

It has happened
    It's happened to me...
    "lol retart"

Tommy, I agree it would be great for people to really spread out. I'll be there with Jordan Greene and Nick Bartolotta. I've never been into standing next to a bunch of people to get a shot. Sure the atmosphere is great but who wants to have the same shot as 20 other people. So I'll be scouting for something where not a lot of people are there.