Thread: LGA Pavement

LGA Pavement

This is my first post here on NYC, the forums seem to focus on some interesting points and topics.

Saturday, July 26 I took my usual drive around LGA, and noticed at plane view that there was an abundant smell of asphault. Since my Rebel XT is being repaired I did not shoot, but there was a stretched army of pavement trucks and what looked like DPW vehicles along 4/22. This would explain the alternating 13 / 31 landings and takeoffs all day. At around 2pm I parked up along the Delta terminal, which yields an exceptional view, rather than hauling over to the pedestrian bridge - the only issue is security. Weekdays are usually better, but Saturday I was harassed to leave. Overall there was a lineup past the USAirways terminal and the largest I saw was only the AA757 :?

Any news on how long this paving will continue?

Re: LGA Pavement

Hi Matty, welcome to the site!

I don't know the paving schedule, unfortunately, but I would think that such work would only be during a Saturday, as the airport is too busy to lose a whole runway for much longer. Construction is usually done only on Saturdays, as it's the slowest day of the week there.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: LGA Pavement

Yes welcome to the site. The current Saturday only paving project will probably last at least one or two more Saturdays. However there will be multiple other projects for the rest of the summer and fall that will cause one of LGA's two runways to be closed most Saturdays. Hope that helps a little?

Cheers

LGA777