Thread: [PICS] MAH 20-6-2008 Menorca

[PICS] MAH 20-6-2008 Menorca

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum. My main reason to join this forum is my NYC visit in October. Besides the normal city tours I’m planning a one day spotting trip to JFK and hope to meet some of you guys. After seeing some great photos I decided to show some others from my side of the world.

Here are some pictures of Menorca. Menorca is a small island of Spain. It is not a very busy airport, but it was fun. Spotting at Menorca was easier than expected. Especially when they use runway 01. I found a point along the taxi track, just before they enter the runway. A B737 could be photographed with only 70 mm and on the runway with 170 mm. They only problem was the heat, but that was the reason I went to Menorca in the first place. Well I hope you enjoy these good weather pictures.

First this one was parked at the "cargo" area

And the view when this First Choice B757 arrived

And a runway 19 departure

Re: [PICS] MAH 20-6-2008 Menorca

Welcome to the boards. Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Wow...very nice set...welcome!

How'd an America-registered PC12 end up in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Very carefully!

There are a few pics of it on anet, and one on jpnet, all from various European airports.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    carefully is right, but that airplane has enogh range to make the trip comfortably with only a few stops. a PC-12 was even used during Operation Bolero II where ed shipley and steve hinton attemped to bring miss velma and glacier girl to duxford this past summer. you can see more here: http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=0404cb9d
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Welcome :) great shots ! I love small airports, because you can get really close without anyone caring :D (In most cases)
    "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
    — Leonardo da Vinci