Thread: Farnborough 2008 (Many Photos!!)

Farnborough 2008 (Many Photos!!)

Anybody go last week? Here is a small sampler. 1,500 more photos to sift through.... more on the way later!

...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: FARNBOROUGH 2008

WOW that first Typhoon shot is go-jus. I really hope I get to see a Vulcan in person some day. It must have been amazing.

That Vulcan, the XH558, is the only one flying in the world today. It took about 8 years of planning, fundraising, and coordinating to make it airworthy again. Definitely a must see. Is is an awesome reminder of the dawn of the jet age. Anyone remember the 707, CV 880/990, and the old DC-8's. Thunderous engines, smoke, and a definitive statement every time they pass.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

some more shots, including the Red Arrows, a 777 up close, and a Boeing 787 cockpit mock up

I visited the show on opening day, July 14th. I've only edited 3 shots out of 600 so I still have much more to do but here are the three:

It was an awesome experience.

Re: Farnborough 2008 (Many Photos!!)

Great stuff, guys. Keep 'em comin!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I got there Friday, Sat, and Sunday. lucky, you got to see the A310. She was gone by the weekend.

Great shots!
    N75715, I really like the 10th shot in the first set, very artistic; and the AI wing, very unique
    Gordon, nice catch on the Kingfisher A330

WOw cool pictures of the BA609!! First time I've seen that ship airborne. The wings and rotors look bigger that the fuselauge!! LOL!!

The BA609 has to land with the rotors up. They would strike the ground if they were down in "airplane mode". Imagine applying this technology to airliners?!?! That would almost eliminate arrival delays. Just land at your gate!

some more for your enjoyment!

The sound of that Vulcan is awesome...I heard it many years ago - and - the sounds from the Spitfire must have been incredible as well - the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine has to be my favorite!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/