Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: August 1st A380 planning

Re: August 1st A380 planning

Wow Kenny...just wow...LOL

I'll be out by 9 as well, we'll coordinate a spot based on runway configs to start off the day.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I'll be rolling out around 4...I'm driving to work for this...it'd better be ****in' worth it!

I'm planning to be there by mid-morning. Maybe early morning if I can get out of bed. Since will be my first spotting trip to JFK, so would Howard Beach be a good staring point? That is considering the wind forecast is correct (NW). Any helpful suggestions, except bug spray for the mounds :roll:

Paul
    (That Philly Guy)
    Expanding Beyond PHL
    http://phlairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by runway27r
    I'm planning to be there by mid-morning. Maybe early morning if I can get out of bed. Since will be my first spotting trip to JFK, so would Howard Beach be a good staring point? That is considering the wind forecast is correct (NW). Any helpful suggestions, except bug spray for the mounds :roll:

Paul
    (That Philly Guy)
    Paul,

If the 31s are in use in the morning, Howard Beach is probably your best bet if you're looking for photos, although the light won't be optimal in the morning. However, if other runways are in use, you'll have to go to other locations. I believe JFK ATIS is 718-995-8188, and I recommend you call when you're close to JFK to find out what runways are in use.

You, or anyone else for that matter, can call me or some of the other locals if you need help with finding spotting locations. My number is 917-660-7871. There's also some spotting maps on this site -- I think they're on the main page toolbar under Tools.

Finally, I highly recommend that you bring suntan lotion, as I've seen many a spotter turn bright red at the end of a long, sunny day of spotting in the summer. Friday's weather forecast is showing abundant sunshine with no clouds.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Paul,

If the 31s are in use in the morning, Howard Beach is probably your best bet if you're looking for photos, although the light won't be optimal in the morning. However, if other runways are in use, you'll have to go to other locations. I believe JFK ATIS is 718-995-8188, and I recommend you call when you're close to JFK to find out what runways are in use.

You, or anyone else for that matter, can call me or some of the other locals if you need help with finding spotting locations. My number is 917-660-7871. There's also some spotting maps on this site -- I think they're on the main page toolbar under Tools.

Finally, I highly recommend that you bring suntan lotion, as I've seen many a spotter turn bright red at the end of a long, sunny day of spotting in the summer. Friday's weather forecast is showing abundant sunshine with no clouds.

Josh
    Josh,

Believe it or not I've had JFK programmed into my cell for a long time, never used it though. Until now. Maybe I'll go buy Bullfrog - suntan & insect repellent all in one. I guess I'll see you guys when I get there.

THX,
    Paul
    Expanding Beyond PHL

I'll make it out and will be carpooling the famous Uncle Jay and most likely the sausy Mr Brett.
    Also in tow will be Mrs FlyingColors and our sons.
    My theme for the day is to promote the future of spotting ~ if any!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Hi All:

I am new to this - and very excited. I very much would like to see the a-380 land. Could anyone tell me what time it's coming in, and where would be the best the place to view it?

Thanks,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richg1000
    Hi All:

I am new to this - and very excited. I very much would like to see the a-380 land. Could anyone tell me what time it's coming in, and where would be the best the place to view it?

Thanks,

Rich
    Rich, Welcome to the site. The A380 comes in at 4:45PM. And as to view it, it depends on which runway is being operated, also depends on the winds. Im trying to find out where we can all meet at but what you should do is call JFK ATIS at (718) 995-8188 to find out what runways are in use.. Be sure to check the spottings maps on the site as well. I dont know if you drive, but If you use public transportation, I can help you out with that.. Im going to be out there very very early in the morning so if you like, PM me if you have questions..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Forecast has changed for tomorrow, winds out of the West at 12, expect a 22L arrival.

Looks like I'll be there around noon. So if that's the case, I guess I'll see you guys at the mounds or Burger king?

And my 100-400 won't be too much for the A380 for a full side shot? From what I read it won't be.

Paul
    Expanding Beyond PHL

Soo... I'm not familiar with JFk, NYC etc, but I'd like to check out the A380 tomorrow, since my girlfriend will be on the flight. Assuming I end up at the correct location for the spotting (which is highly unlikely at this point) and she hasn't joined the mile high club in one of those showers with some sheik, will I have enough time to get back into the car and to the terminal (4?) in order to greet her, given that she has to go through customs, baggage claim etc

Quote Originally Posted by simonstansfield
    Soo... I'm not familiar with JFk, NYC etc, but I'd like to check out the A380 tomorrow, since my girlfriend will be on the flight. Assuming I end up at the correct location for the spotting (which is highly unlikely at this point) and she hasn't joined the mile high club in one of those showers with some sheik, will I have enough time to get back into the car and to the terminal (4?) in order to greet her, given that she has to go through customs, baggage claim etc
    You'll have more then enough time, prob take you 10 mins tops to get to T4.

whats the tail/flight number for the 380??.. so i can track it coming in>?>

EK3801

The reg is A6-EDA.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

A6-EDA, operating as Emirates flight 3801.

Edit: Grr, Gordon is too fast for me :)