Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: August 1st A380 planning

Re: August 1st A380 planning

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    Kenny, what I meant was, which runways can hold the 380. If i remember, only the 13/31's?
    The first time the 380 came to Jfk it landed on 22 (Dont remember if it was left or right)
    "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
    — Leonardo da Vinci

It came to 22L the first time, but there's no reason that it can't use other runways. The day after it arrived, when it was doing a media flight, it used one of the 13/31s. So it'll definitely have to be a day-of (maybe even hour-of) decision based on the winds & runways.

I'll try to take the day off and get out there. I haven't seen spotting in a while.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I'll be there with a fellow Futt-ographer. We'll probably be out early that morning, so I'm sure we'll run into plenty of you as the day goes on.

Phil D. - looking forward to catching up this time around.

Josh

What is the arrival time on Friday?

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

4:45 PM.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Ohhhhh boy...I'm gettin damp in the panties!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    Ohhhhh boy...I'm gettin damp in the panties!
    Gross. :P

I'm going to do my best to make it out although my motivation to see the A380 isn't that high since it will be here everyday, not sure if its worth leaving work early. I'm guessing she'll come in on the 22s but it would be really nice if she came on the 13s. A shot of her from that baseball field banking would be top notch.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I got my 100-400 reserved...the weather is looking pretty good...

I hope that I'll be able to catch her in October! As a side note - have you seen the darn luxury suite in first class????...DAMN..I want the money to fly this!!!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6311477

And the shower as well???

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6311476

Some lucky people got some nice access for the delivery ceremony!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I'm going to do my best to make it out although my motivation to see the A380 isn't that high since it will be here everyday, not sure if its worth leaving work early. I'm guessing she'll come in on the 22s but it would be really nice if she came on the 13s. A shot of her from that baseball field banking would be top notch.
    One thing to keep in mind is that it won't be daily until October and when it enters on EK201/202 on August 8th it will arrive at 2:00pm when the light is a little tougher then at 4:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    I got my 100-400 reserved...the weather is looking pretty good...
    Adam, who/where do you rent from? Is it mail order?

I'm guessing she'll come in on the 22s but it would be really nice if she came on the 13s. A shot of her from that baseball field banking would be top notch.
    Which baseball field are you referring to? I don't remember ever shooting from a baseball field for the 13s, but would love to know of a good spot to nail those sweet 13L banks.

By the way, I don't know if you know the answer to this related question, but I think I saw some pictures a while back of afternoon 4R arrivals and I have no idea where they were shot from. The planes were in the air with gear down, and perfectly lit. Is there an afternoon spot for shooting 4R arrivals?

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Which baseball field are you referring to? I don't remember ever shooting from a baseball field for the 13s, but would love to know of a good spot to nail those sweet 13L banks.
    It's on the airport near the Federal Circle. With the cargo area pretty much out of service for shooting, you are limited for the 13s. I saw this spot a while back and asked a few of our JFK folks about it, but I don't know that any of us have shot from there yet, and don't know how PAPD will react.

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    I'm guessing she'll come in on the 22s but it would be really nice if she came on the 13s. A shot of her from that baseball field banking would be top notch.

By the way, I don't know if you know the answer to this related question, but I think I saw some pictures a while back of afternoon 4R arrivals and I have no idea where they were shot from. The planes were in the air with gear down, and perfectly lit. Is there an afternoon spot for shooting 4R arrivals?
    Its across from the Cell phone waiting lot and old Tower Air terminal and the NAA building. The only problem is parking, you'd have to park in long term, take the train to Federal Circle and walk. Or if you know you want something park in the cell phone lot, snap and move on.

What 4R pics are you talking about? Do you know who took them?