Thread: North American at KALB

North American at KALB

Hi all,

I thought that I would share a bit of fun and frustration I had at Albany today. I was at work and saw that a North American flight from Italy was scheduled to arrive at 5:09 (gotta love flightaware!). Almost a perfect time of day for me to stop by the airport on my way home from work. As I was driving, I tuned in on the scanner but still no sign of NAO 16 by the time I got near the airport. Fine, I'll go pick up my son from daycare (only a mile away or so) and we'll head back to the airport. Wouldn't you know, halfway to daycare I hear the North American 16 heavy call sign!

I grab my son from daycare and hightail it back to the airport - to no avail, I missed the arrival by about 5 minutes :-(

We waited an hour or so for the departure - but a 3 year old can only wait so long ... Besides, the clouds we coming in anyway. Here's the only shot I could produce

Re: North American at KALB

Waited an hour for departure? You give us too much credit on the quick-turn! haha

Sorry it didn't workout for you, but that's not a bad shot right there. at least for documenting purposes.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I didn't know UA (or anyone) flew mainline jets into ALB.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I didn't know UA (or anyone) flew mainline jets into ALB.
    UA - B737-500
    NW - DC9
    US - B737-400 / E190
    and of course SW - B737-700 & 737-300