Thread: Should I wait?

Should I wait?

Is it a good idea to wait before I book flights to fly to Florida in the winter, or should I start looking?

I have seen some ideas...

I have looked around at LGA-DAB and the best I can find is on X-mas Day for $320 on Delta.
    If I wait, I can fly for $307 on US December 30 from LGA-DAB. If I am desperate enough, then I will book B6 from JFK-JAX for $249, but JAX isn't the easiest option.

Should I wait or jump on them?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Re: Should I wait?

Most airlines schedules won't be finalized for December for a while. At US we will be finalizing November for what you see on USAirways.com, orbitz, etc in about 2 weeks. What you see now is the current schedule, and this is true at most carriers. I am about 90 pct positive what DL is currently showing between ATL-DAB is not the actual Dec. schedule, I would think by Sept, maybe OCT at the latest it will be accurate.

The gamble is will the actual schedule have less, or more seats in a market. For US CLT-DAB will probably be more, but LGA-CLT could have more, less, or similar as several of our LGA-CLT flights are consistantly 321's year round while others vary between the 319-320-321 depending not always on LGA-CLT demand but overall system demand and where they need the 321's the most. Right now we have 6 321's, sometimes we have 2 or 3. This can effect how many low fare's are offered and how low.

Just remember if you book now, don't be surprised if the times, flight numbers, and equipment types change and maybe more than once at US/DL/FL/CO etc. B6 might be consistant.

Good Luck

LGA777

Thank you. Any chances of seeing US lower fares from LGA-DAB?
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Well based on your last intelligent move I'd prob book now and secure the lowest fare possible. It’s not like the airlines are going to add seats with the current state of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Thank you. Any chances of seeing US lower fares from LGA-DAB?
    I know little about fares, hard to tell depending on changes in capacity.

While Tommy is right about airlines not adding seats my point made before was capacity gets shifted seasonally so DAB/MCO/JAX may have more seats (larger aircraft) come Dec than what is currently showing.

B6 will probably have a few more flights between JFK-MCO in Dec than in Sept/Oct.

Thats about as much advice as I can give.

LGA777

If gas prices go down, you might get a better price.

If gas prices go up you will have to pay for bags and fees.

Remember, you are getting 2 bags on jetblue as opposed to 1 on delta.

Chances are regular fares won't go down, but buying now eliminates your shot at getting a sale price since they don't offer them this far in advance. I would wait until about 8 weeks ahead of the trip to start looking hard.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Gotham...your advice makes the most sense. Thank you.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012