Thread: Impromptu MIA

Impromptu MIA

I am here in Miami since this past Wednesday for my son's surgery which went well and at least I will be staying until this Wednesday for his recovery. My wife booked us a Homestead Hotel which is only a half mile south of the center of RWY 9/27. Wow tons of heavies and Americans landing and taking off as well as some oldies I havent seen in years(A300'S,DC-8'S AND ATR'S). You could see 3 planes taking off at the same time and landing as well. Great airport for spotting. Mark I cant find find that website you sent me indicating the best locations to spot at here. Next time in better circumstances I plan a good spotting trip here. I wish I had my digital with me .

Re: IMPROMPTU MIA

well I'm glad to hear he is doing better. I wish him well in his recovery
    "lol retart"

Mike, maybe it's this link - http://www.photovation.net/Spotting/MIAFSet.htm - Art's old site Anniebee's now directed to that.

Hope I'm not too late.

Find your way onto the 826, sounds like it should be close by. Get on it Northbound and exit on 25th St to the east. Follow the road all the way down until it becomes a 2 lane road. Near the airports cargo garages, you should see a US Homeland Security building. Slow down and keep going, if you look to your left you'll see a fence with holes in it. This is the only place where photography is allowed on the field. Park anywhere but in the garage, or at Homeland Security. I usually park under a tree on a perpendicular road.

Enjoy your stay in MIA,
    Eddie
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

Actually back home at Tampa Eddie. Ahhh the Palmetto

Re: Impromptu MIA

Should have stayed longer, White Airways is coming to town in a couple of hours!
    Puts the MIA in NYCA