Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

I've finally gotten around to uploading some FLL shots and the shot that intrigued me the most was this shot I took of this US 737 landing. I don't think I've ever seen such a disgraceful looking plane in my life. I'm sure she's either coming out of service soon or going into the paint hangar but come on....! This thing is just a total mess, there are planes sitting in storage for 20 years that look better then this thing. IMO U.S Airways management should be ashamed of themselves for flying a plane like this.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6294322

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: Look at this disgrace...yes another U.S Airways thread

The money they're saving on paint is prolly going to fuel. :roll:
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

You stay classy, US Airways.

It looks like they painted it with a roller and some $10-a-can Glidden.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Man thats pretty BAD.....
    I have seen that exact plane somwehere.
    Can you imagine the passengers when they see that shot up to their gate?

Senga

Re: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

GREAT SHOT TOM, I do understand why you are upset. The tarnished image of an airliner is never good thing to walk up to either. If I was flying them with my family I would not book U.S. Airways again and I do understand how safe it is to fly it as it was checked out, but Joe Average person boarding does not understand aviation, yet will have stronger feelings about that then us.

Good game, can anyone find a mainstream US carrier flying an aircraft that looks shabbier....and I am not talking dirty. I am talking worse than this?

This needs to thread creap a bit!

Congrats again Tom, I was told that a great photo strikes an emotion, good, bad, happy or sad....any photo triggering an emotion is a great photo. This truly was an eye opener as I am sure that it will strike a lot of emotions in the aviaiton field. GREAT PHOTO! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Yes, it looks ugly, and like Tommy said it's probably somewhere in the paint cycle, but realistically, what should they do? If it's not due for paint for another couple of months, they can't park it waiting on paint, and depending on US's schedule, they may not be able to bump it up in the paint line. At least it gave you an opportunity for an interesting shot!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

that airplane is a leased airplane and will eventually be leaving our fleet, so it's not going to be painted. it may even be gone from the fleet already, though i can't confirm that. emphasis is being paid on painting those airplane that we own and will be keeping in our fleet. i know it hurts your eyes seeing that airplane fly around all beaten and battered but imagine how it feels for us (US) employees.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Doesn't surprise me, someone please put this joke of an airline out of its misery. No free bags, No free food/drinks, an insulting FF program, disgruntled crews, a PHL hub :cry: , now the are taking away IFE, the list goes on and on....... Doug Parker should be banished from the face of the earth along with a few other airline CEO's, cough Steenland, Tilton cough. Someone needs to pull the plug on this mess. Really, is there any reason to fly on US Airways? My money only goes to YX (future not looking good for them sadly, one of my favorites airlines) DL, and CO. Unfortunately my company sometimes books my travel on other carriers. So the sooner the likes of US is gone the better for the consumer. US is nickel and diming their passengers and cheaping their product so much that it is turning their passengers away. I even remember reading that on one of US Airway's 767's that they had taped copier paper to the bulkhead wall for a movie screen. GOODBYE USELESS SCAREWAY, JORDAN HOWELL WILL NOT MISS YOU!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Howell
    Doesn't surprise me, someone please put this joke of an airline out of its misery. GOODBYE USELESS SCAREWAY, JORDAN HOWELL WILL NOT MISS YOU!
    Please, tell us how you really feel lol.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

ripped jeans, ripping paint... its the style now. I think its called "vintage"?

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by Lezam
    ripped jeans, ripping paint... its the style now. I think its called "vintage"?
    Yes, I want to fly a vintage 737 next time I go to Florida.

(Which, unfortunately, may end up happening...their last-minute fares are about half the price of anyone else's.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Howell
    Doesn't surprise me, someone please put this joke of an airline out of its misery...GOODBYE USELESS SCAREWAY, JORDAN HOWELL WILL NOT MISS YOU!
    That's really nice, Jordan. You do know that we have several US employees who are members of this forum. Maybe you will help them support their families after someone puts US "out of its misery". After all, it's not like you have a family of your own to support. I doubt US will miss you either.

I realize service in terms of amenities is lousy these days, and some management is worse than others, but generally speaking, if an airline is not making any money then how are they supposed to provide these?

In terms of US Airways specifically though, leaving aside the Philly hub, I have heard some very good things about their employees providing friendly service and going the extra mile on miscellaneous matters wherever possible. To me that says alot about the quality of at least some of their employees.

I don't have a crystal ball, but one scenario might be that the day may yet come we'll see better service return, but not nearly as many folks will be able to afford to fly as often as they do today.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    That's really nice, Jordan. You do know that we have several US employees who are members of this forum. Maybe you will help them support their families after someone puts US "out of its misery". After all, it's not like you have a family of your own to support. I doubt US will miss you either.
    Oh come on, don't lay that at on me. That is the beauty of competition, we just have to let it run its course. Of all of the airlines, in my opinion, US Airways has the most problems and only has themselves to blame for it. Doug Parker is an idiot for letting the East and West pilot unions run the show and argue back and forth amongst each other. The CEO is supposed to be a leader and he has done nothing of the sort. Of course what can you expect from a guy like Doug Parker, the guy thought US was in a position to merge with a very good airline like Delta. And then once we all had a good laugh and Parker was rejected of his little fantasy he went and got himself drunk and got a DUI. The BOD should have fired him immediately. After all, if one of the US pilots had gotten a DUI they would have been fired. Or maybe not, those stupid unions make it impossible to fire bad employees pretty much. My point is that US Airways is self destructive, the problem comes from within. Yes, it sucks for the employees and they have my sympathies. It is my hope that the employees will move on to much better careers. Doug Parker can then go retire with Frank Lorenzo before he ruins any more lives.

I just love the comment on their "They disgracefully depict a tattered U.S Flag on their fuselage which is no way to display the U.S Flag."

When the company logo itself is a pretty bad depiction of the flag in the first place. No stars, all gray coloring, and only 5 lines. Someone needs to relax.