Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

Re: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

Quote Originally Posted by Informant
    I just love the comment on their "They disgracefully depict a tattered U.S Flag on their fuselage which is no way to display the U.S Flag."

When the company logo itself is a pretty bad depiction of the flag in the first place. No stars, all gray coloring, and only 5 lines. Someone needs to relax.
    I am relaxed thank you. I think it’s a disgrace that they depict a flag in those conditions why is that so terrible? Oh btw I'm still waiting for you to send me your address so I can send you those autographed pictures from the FedEx ramp at Memphis.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Howell
    Oh come on, don't lay that at on me. That is the beauty of competition, we just have to let it run its course. Of all of the airlines, in my opinion, US Airways has the most problems and only has themselves to blame for it. Doug Parker is an idiot for letting the East and West pilot unions run the show and argue back and forth amongst each other. The CEO is supposed to be a leader and he has done nothing of the sort. Of course what can you expect from a guy like Doug Parker, the guy thought US was in a position to merge with a very good airline like Delta. And then once we all had a good laugh and Parker was rejected of his little fantasy he went and got himself drunk and got a DUI. The BOD should have fired him immediately. After all, if one of the US pilots had gotten a DUI they would have been fired. Or maybe not, those stupid unions make it impossible to fire bad employees pretty much. My point is that US Airways is self destructive, the problem comes from within. Yes, it sucks for the employees and they have my sympathies. It is my hope that the employees will move on to much better careers. Doug Parker can then go retire with Frank Lorenzo before he ruins any more lives.
    perhaps you could do better?

perhaps you don't know that there are employees on this boards reading this. maybe even you skipped over my last post where i explained WHY the airplane isn't being painted and remains in the condition that it is today. while all airlines do have thier problems i have seen many of ours ironed out and we now are trying to all do our part to run a sucessful airline. i understand that we are entitled to our own opinion but forgive me if i don't share your sentiments.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    Oh come on, don't lay that at on me. That is the beauty of competition, we just have to let it run its course. Of all of the airlines, in my opinion, US Airways has the most problems and only has themselves to blame for it. Doug Parker is an idiot for letting the East and West pilot unions run the show and argue back and forth amongst each other. The CEO is supposed to be a leader and he has done nothing of the sort. Of course what can you expect from a guy like Doug Parker, the guy thought US was in a position to merge with a very good airline like Delta. And then once we all had a good laugh and Parker was rejected of his little fantasy he went and got himself drunk and got a DUI. The BOD should have fired him immediately. After all, if one of the US pilots had gotten a DUI they would have been fired. Or maybe not, those stupid unions make it impossible to fire bad employees pretty much. My point is that US Airways is self destructive, the problem comes from within. Yes, it sucks for the employees and they have my sympathies. It is my hope that the employees will move on to much better careers. Doug Parker can then go retire with Frank Lorenzo before he ruins any more lives.
    perhaps you could do better?

perhaps you don't know that there are employees on this boards reading this. maybe even you skipped over my last post where i explained WHY the airplane isn't being painted and remains in the condition that it is today. while all airlines do have thier problems i have seen many of ours ironed out and we now are trying to all do our part to run a sucessful airline. i understand that we are entitled to our own opinion but forgive me if i don't share your sentiments.
    Start of My Opinion/Experiences

Ok, maybe you can help me out. I am planning on going to Seattle for a weekend next month. I will probably book with Continental Airlines. Now, here is where you can help me out. Right now Continental is $474 and US Airways is $462. I know Continental will give me good service from my previous experiences with them and my previous experiences with US Airways were not so good. Now if you can give me good reasons to fly on US Airways and save all of $12 I am all ears. Please point out how US can serve me better than Continental. As it stands comparing service levels of Continental and US Airways is like comparing a watermelon to a grape. US can't hold a candle to Continental's service levels from what I have experienced. Oh yeah and I am still waiting for US Airways to do something about my luggage they ripped up on my last flight with them.

maybe even you skipped over my last post where i explained WHY the airplane isn't being painted and remains in the condition that it is today.
    I did not miss your explanation, that plane is a still a representative of US Airways. That plane does have one thing going for it though, atleast it is a Boeing and not an Airbus.

End of My Opinion/Experiences

My wife just flew US Air from LGA to Charlotte then on to Asheville (NC). She had no problems except for this mornings flight from Asheville to
    Charlotte. She thought the pilots were auditioning for an air show!! LOL!! I asked her what type of plane and she gave me a dopey look. I guess all these years of being an aviation enthusiast didnt rub off on her. She did say it had propellers so possibly a Dash 8?

Oh yeah and I am still waiting for US Airways to do something about my luggage they ripped up on my last flight with them.
    From the US Airways Terms of Transportation:
    Responsibility: US Airways assumes responsibility only for those claims arising from the transportation of baggage over its own routes. US Airways assumes no responsibility for property damage or loss resulting from customer security screening or incurred in customer waiting rooms or concourses or for property not checked into US Airways’ custody. All claims are subject to proof of value and loss.
    Can you PROVE that they damaged your bags? As in, do you have photo evidence that they did something to it?
    "lol retart"

>Can you PROVE that they damaged your bags? As in, do you have photo evidence that they did something to it?[/quote]<

Oy I cant wait for THIS answer.
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter

Can you PROVE that they damaged your bags? As in, do you have photo evidence that they did something to it?
    Of course I do...

I went to Pittsburgh, PA back in march on US Airways. My luggage was fine when I arrived in Pittsburgh, but on the return flights they did a number on luggage. My flight routing was PIT-CLT-MCO and when I arrived back home at MCO I discovered that my luggage had been damaged. My flight had arrived late and there was no agent at the US Airways baggage office. I went up to the ticketing area and found one agent who told me they would send someone down to the baggage office. I waited for over 15 minutes and no agent ever showed up. I decided to drive back home that night and then the next day I went to the US Airways baggage office at Daytona Beach International Airport and filed a damaged luggage report. The agent told me I would recieve a call within two weeks and that they would handle the compensation over the phone. Two weeks had come and gone and I never got any call. So I called US Airways back at the number on the claim form and talked to "John", I am still not convinced that was his real name. After getting disconnected and giving him the reference number twice, but no luck getting him to understand the situation. He started getting frustrated with me and I finally hung up. I guess we just have to cut our losses and move on sometimes, whether we like it or not....

For those of you who implied that I am not an honest person, here are the photos:

Are you satisfied now?

Oy I cant wait for THIS answer.
    Hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long....

Are you satisfied now?
    No, you missed my point. With those pictures, you could've taken those after you slashed them with a knife. Proof is a picture of THEM destroying your property, not the damage that was caused. After reading your story, yeah, the CS side needs some work but that can happen to any piece of luggage on any airline, in fact, I saw that happen last week on a different airline. You just seem to say, "oh well, they suck and im just gonna blame this on them too." It can happen on any airline...

EDIT: After looking at that last picture, read what the 4th line from the bottom says, THIS REPORT DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE LIABILITY.
    "lol retart"

I missed the point? Really? I have to say I am a little irritated now.

Why would I take my luggage home and slash it up only to take it back to the airport the next day and file a report on it? Why would I do that?! I don’t have time to do that.

Proof? How do you get proof of that happening? It was a bag in good condition with normal ware and tare when I left Pittsburgh, and had that mess to it when I arrived in Orlando. I have had no help from US Airways on this at all.

So, because this report says that it does not acknowledge means that it is not them who did it? The luggage monster in Charlotte did it? Negative vibes from former workers in Pittsburgh?

Do you stay loyal to an airline that does this to your luggage and does absolutely nothing for you? Nothing, not even an apology by the rude, incompetent woman in Daytona. If you are able to continue to support that type of airline, good for you, I guess.

I am not looking for special treatment, not looking for a new set of luggage. I want an apology and some compensation for what they did.

I also have to thank all of the US Airways employees that I so horribly offended on here for the many reasons why I should fly them over Continental. I guess their silence, along with getting the third degree over this crap speaks volumes.

I hope your luggage is destroyed and you get screwed too.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

I also have to thank all of the US Airways employees that I so horribly offended on here for the many reasons why I should fly them over Continental. I guess their silence, along with getting the third degree over this crap speaks volumes.
    firstly, all you've proven is that you don't like flying US for whatever reason. you're entitled to that, it's your choice. it seems to me that you've made your choice a long time ago and are just looking for someone's else's approval.

second, you've taken this thread which was regarding a bad paint job and turned it into a anti-US rant.

third, if you're referring to me in what you wrote then know this: i am in no way, shape, or form required to answer you or take part in your crying games. the simple matter is that i chose not to answer to you, and my silence means only that your argument has no merit. i have more important things to do than sit in front of a computer and pick a fight.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Jordan, what were you doing in my neck of the woods...I mean DAB.
    I had the same problem with DL. They mutilated my luggage and I still have to send it back to get fixed, but they will fix it.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    firstly, all you've proven is that you don't like flying US for whatever reason. you're entitled to that, it's your choice. it seems to me that you've made your choice a long time ago and are just looking for someone's else's approval.
    Actually over the years I have flown US Airways a good number of times. It was either to go see family or because I didn’t have any other choice. Over the years I have had some really good flights, a lot of flights that just got me there (and that is fine with those) and more recently, a handful that I walk away from unhappy.

Since there are multiple US Airways employees here I was giving everyone a chance to sell their product. I know if I get a chance to do that I take it. Either the same can not be said for the employees at US, or there is no product to sell.

second, you've taken this thread which was regarding a bad paint job and turned it into a anti-US rant.
    If you go back and re-read the first post, it was never a positive, pro US Airways thread. I just stated my opinion and latest discuss from experiences and what I have read in the paper and online. My biggest problems are obviously with US Airways management, not most of the employees.

That bad paint job says so much about the airline, since it is the image they project to the public. To me it says they do not care about much of anything, including safety. I don’t care if you lease it or own it. Or if you will have it in service for one more day, or the next five years. It represents US Airways and projects and image. You made the comment saying to think about how it makes employees feel; I truly feel bad for all of you to have that represent the entire airline.

third, if you're referring to me in what you wrote then know this: i am in no way, shape, or form required to answer you or take part in your crying games. the simple matter is that i chose not to answer to you, and my silence means only that your argument has no merit. i have more important things to do than sit in front of a computer and pick a fight.
    It sounded like there were many US Airways employees I offended. So no, not just you. Again, if I given the chance to sell a potential customer on something, I take that chance. Even if there is the slightest chance of turning that prospective customer to making a sale, I take it because there is just that, a slight chance.

Perhaps that response says a lot about US Airways. You are definitely not required to answer me or do anything else. However I would think, after seeing what I showed you, you might not be so “screw you jackass” with your attitude, and more of “well, it doesn’t appear that your bag issue is being handled properly…perhaps if you tried this number….”

Maybe I don’t get this because I am on the passenger side of this. With this bag, every single US employee has had the “didn’t do it” attitude. Even telling me I was wrong to leave MCO when I did would be an appropriate response, that way I at least know what I should do in the future.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Perhaps that response says a lot about US Airways. You are definitely not required to answer me or do anything else. However I would think, after seeing what I showed you, you might not be so “screw you jackass” with your attitude, and more of “well, it doesn’t appear that your bag issue is being handled properly…perhaps if you tried this number….”

Maybe I don’t get this because I am on the passenger side of this. With this bag, every single US employee has had the “didn’t do it” attitude. Even telling me I was wrong to leave MCO when I did would be an appropriate response, that way I at least know what I should do in the future.
    Something tells me you were just as big a hairbag on the horn with US as you are with credible residents here. Perhaps iffin you weren't such a clown, you might have gotten a better reception from US, and here. It's a very simple premise and it's called "don't be a d**k." It'll get you further than the tactics you've displayed already will.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

ALL: Jordan Howell's account has been temporarily deactivated pending a review of all of his posts. Please do not respond to or post to him in the meantime. All posts who do hereafter will be deleted.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    Something tells me you were just as big a hairbag on the horn with US as you are with credible residents here. Perhaps iffin you weren't such a clown, you might have gotten a better reception from US, and here. It's a very simple premise and it's called "don't be a d**k." It'll get you further than the tactics you've displayed already will.
    Kenny, :borat:

Anyhooo,

The paint peeling is a way for U.S. to save money from sandblasting their aircraft. They let it all peel off and then repaint it in new colors.
    "lol retart"