Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Look at this disgrace...yes another US Airways thread

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    The paint peeling is a way for U.S. to save money from sandblasting their aircraft. They let it all peel off and then repaint it in new colors.
    LOL! i wonder if boeing would approve of that process if it were used only as a cost-cutting measure...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Yes that plane is quite horrible, it was at lga about 2 weeks ago as it pulled into g ate 16, as yes matt it makes us (us airways) employes look bad
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

If memory serves me correct the aircraft in question was painted in either '99 or 2000. It was among the 1st aircraft painted in the, then new livery. At the time we were painting aircraft at Lake City, Fl and Smyrna , Tn IIRC. The condition of the paint is purely a function of a bad paint job and time. Ron, Werent there issues with the quality of the paint coming out of Lake City for a while or is my memory totally shot?

At my current company we've got our share of bad paint jobs as well as some really good ones.

I would expect it will be due soon for a D check and or withdrawl from service since US has been retiring the type as leases expire / Heavy checks become due.

Still flying, was at EWR this afternoon from CLT.

First, let me apologize to the employees I offended before. I am sorry if I attacked you when making my reply.

I let my frustration and anger get to me before. I know this was not the intention of this thread. I do not want to start a new one just to ask this question though.

I would still like to try and resolve my bag issue. Is there a number that I could get to talk to someone where I will not be disconnected and who might be able to help come to some kind of a solution?

I am not looking for my bag to be replaced, just an apology and some kind of compensation. Even help repairing it (if that is possible) would be sufficient.

Also, what could be done differently at the airport in the future to help the process?

As far as the original topic of this thread. I still believe that no matter the situation of the aircraft (being leased and soon to be returned or owned) it represents the airline. I would not feel safe if that were my aircraft. It is a black eye to management to allow it.

As I expected the disgraceful looking US 733 N512AU has been retired, her last revenue flight was on Sept 2 ORD-CLT. She is currently at MCN being prepared for return to the lessor.

Regards

LGA777

Some things never change... :|

"Keep 'em Flying"