Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: JFK Shootout Sunday 7/13?

Re: JFK Shootout Sunday 7/13?

Andy,

You don't have to put spotting first really, just bring a flask with you out to the mounds next time! Hope to see you out there soon!

Here are some samples from my first outing in forever.

PLEASE look at the shots, check out my EXIF and let me know your critiques.

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil, I am into the detail shots of the Eurofly and the TAM. I wonder how many signatures are on that a330? Also, it was great to finally meet you and it would be cool to do some spotting with you in the future. Later, Brian

choppin' shots guys. :borat:
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

Kenny, Brian - It was great spending the day spotting with you guys. Especially considering how long it took to any decent shots. But a very productive day overall, when it was all said and done. Israir A330, Neos 767, Air India 777-300, TAM signature A330 - a good haul.

And, of course, the Esteemed Mr. Derner's return to the trenches of the perimeter fold.. :borat:

btw..the turtle(s) were Diamond Back Terrapins. Supposedly still moderately "common" along the entire East Seaboard in coastal salt and brackish waters, but really not seen in great numbers locally. Nice shot there Brian.

Also, the deer flies (or similar) are back in force at both the Mounds and Bayswater. Not so great. They bite even in the high sun. They're not in great numbers every summer, and in fact the last time I can remember them being this much of a nuisance was back in 2001 or 2003. So, insect repellent at those two locations might be in order for all of us the remainder of this summer. Good news is no ticks were observed.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Tom, it was fun hanging out again. The other time we met was not as good. Planeview with no special schemes or anything that interesting. Isair is still on my list, since my shots did not come out at all. I am not sure if it is my lens or the settings I was using. Either way that one is still on my list. The terrapin was really cool to see and the fishermen at Bayswater were quite entertaining. I hope to make it out spotting again soon, probably the weekend after this one, so maybe I will get to run into you all again. Take care, Brian